Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Star Wars lore 

Post Star Wars lore
Ok, so I'm a fan of Star Wars. I can recite lines from the movies. I know the majority of Star Wars pop culture references, but I'm not one of those guys who is really into the Star Wars thing.

That said, as I'm playing and meeting NPCs and such I'm noticing ranks and titles. Is there some place that has these ranks and titles listed out in a clean hierarchy?

I mean, I'm seeing overseers, dark lords, darths, etc. Where do these fall on a ranking scale? Who is higher and thus wields more power?

And just what the fuck is a grand moff?

Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:15 am
Forum Admin

Post Re: Star Wars lore
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

I'll try to answer some of these. The Sith stuff is a bit difficult because in the Old Republic / Sith Empire world of the game, the rules for Sith are very different than in the two-Sith era we see in the movies.

An Overseer is an instructor for the Sith academy. They are Sith; but don't generally carry the title of Lord.

A Sith Lord is generally the highest rank attained by a Sith and confers the ability to take on an apprentice. Darth is a title given to certain exceptional Sith Lords. Some put it in front of their birth name; some choose a new name to symbolize throwing away the entirety of their old life.

A "Grand Moff" is a regional governor; similar to the colonial governors of the British Empire. The title is used in the Galactic Empire in the movies as well (Grand Moff Tarkin is a well known character from the original trilogy).

I'm with you; most of what I've learned has been through the game itself or that Wiki linked above.

Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:59 am
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

Post Re: Star Wars lore
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith

Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:11 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]