Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Having trouble liking this game 
BbB Member

Post Re: Having trouble liking this game
Narco wrote:
I truly believe that the next big change in MMORPGs will be to incorporate the sandbox style of Minecraft. I imagine people
building defensive walls and attacking castles made by players.

That would fucking ROCK! I love how you can literally do what ever you can imagine in minecraft.. But to be able to do that on a LARGE scale, that would be freakin awesome!

Great.. now I have to go log onto my minecraft server.. The last update broke it, so we get to start over..

Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:38 pm
BbB Officer

Minecraft sounds neat. But, how about a game that just gives guilds the opportunity to have their own land/keep and that land/keep can be defended, attacked, or plundered to some degree? Then every guild would feel somewhat meaningful. Oh wait, DAoC already did that. It must not be popular anymore. :(

Edit: Perhaps I should rephrase that: WoW didn't do it, so it must not be popular. That's better.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:17 am
BbB Member

Blackbird wrote:
Minecraft sounds neat. But, how about a game that just gives guilds the opportunity to have their own land/keep and that land/keep can be defended, attacked, or plundered to some degree? Then every guild would feel somewhat meaningful. Oh wait, DAoC already did that. It must not be popular anymore. :(

Edit: Perhaps I should rephrase that: WoW didn't do it, so it must not be popular. That's better.

Daoc wasn't that really thought yes it let guilds claim keeps but that was about it. It was a claim for a realm keep. Letting guilds have their own would be more like Lineage 2 with 1 side and everyone played the same side with open world pvp (also you got taxes from the city next to the castle you controlled and could modify the taxes). Runescape is another that follows the guild/clan owning keeps and building them and whatnot lineage didn't let you build but let you capture premade castles. :) That was actually pretty sweet.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:30 pm
Profile YIM
Forum Admin

Not just on these boards but on others I read people are saying this Game is near it end. :sad:

There is "no end game" and people are max level with little to do. Then there some bug that gave people max RR level already.

With luck these things will be addressed in future patches since I have 4 more months till I consider this worth playing. Thanks for testing it out though for me :twisted:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:06 pm
Forum Admin

Vyrzain wrote:
Not just on these boards but on others I read people are saying this Game is near it end. :sad:

Never believe shit you're reading on other forums. Though there may be nuggets of truth, but I've generally found that forums and blogs are manned mostly by the stereotypical "mom's basement teenagers" who are spending far more time bitching about the game (because it didn't meet their insane expectations which they now claim to never have had) than actually playing it (like millions of others are actively doing). Every game I've ever played (including WoW and DAoC) had far more people who were detractors on forums than people who liked the game.

That's typically because people who like the game are IN GAME.

Vyrzain wrote:
Then there some bug that gave people max RR level already.

Which Bioware has promised to roll back for those people who took advantage of the bug.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:41 pm
Profile WWW
BbB Member

real interesting thread !
not sorry i decided to not play swtor ...

i enjoyed AoC instead but lvl cap on 2 servers - one in full epics gear - in less than 3 months. supposedly ftp but need premium to access endgame & epics. also played a raft of other mmos recently, currently looking at sonme AO ones. generally well, nice to look at but all lack something or other. back to the conclusion we need RvRvR... & s l o w lvling lol

still waiting for Tera (tera-euro final release May 3rd) or might play aion which is going ftp soon (another game i didnt play yet)

Laun wrote:
Narco wrote:
I truly believe that the next big change in MMORPGs will be to incorporate the sandbox style of Minecraft. I imagine people
building defensive walls and attacking castles made by players.

That would fucking ROCK! I love how you can literally do what ever you can imagine in minecraft.. But to be able to do that on a LARGE scale, that would be freakin awesome!

Great.. now I have to go log onto my minecraft server.. The last update broke it, so we get to start over..

it's happening

http://www.xsyon.com/

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:47 am
Profile ICQ
BbB Member

Are you actually playing that? if so, how is it?

Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:15 pm
Forum Moderator

Laun wrote:
Are you actually playing that? if so, how is it?

http://www.xsyon.com/

that game? It looks VERY interesting.
IS it live now or still in development?

Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:31 pm
Profile YIM
BbB Member

I actually downloaded another one, while reading of that one, called Wurm online.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:17 pm
Forum Moderator

Laun wrote:
I actually downloaded another one, while reading of that one, called Wurm online.

http://wurmonline.com/

Let me know how it is. graphically it looks pretty dated but it looks like it could be potentially decent?

Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:31 am
Profile YIM
BbB Member

It actually has a limited Free to play trial. You are restricted on how high you can skill and what not. I have palyed a bit so far, very darkfall like with the way skills work and what not. You have a choice of a PVP or non PVP server, and you can actually travel between the 2 if I understand correctly. Graphics remind me of DAOC, as the game was actually released back around that time.

Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:03 am
Forum Moderator

Laun wrote:
It actually has a limited Free to play trial. You are restricted on how high you can skill and what not. I have palyed a bit so far, very darkfall like with the way skills work and what not. You have a choice of a PVP or non PVP server, and you can actually travel between the 2 if I understand correctly. Graphics remind me of DAOC, as the game was actually released back around that time.

What server u on?

Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:00 pm
Profile YIM
BbB Member

Narco wrote:
Laun wrote:

What server u on?

Independence.

Here is a map if you are gonna give it a shot.

http://map.pheonix-enterprises.com/Independence.png

Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:00 pm
Forum Moderator

Ughhh.. I can't even bring myself to log in a second time Laun LOL... I went thru the whole tutorial and
played for a couple hours and accomplished absolutely nothing LOL. The feel of the game is just horrible.
Graphics are managable but gameplay just sucks ass. The crafting is great I guess but it might as well be
a text adventure or a webpage game. Hit boxes on every single thing imaginable detracts from any
immersion into the world that would otherwise be possible with the so-so graphics.

two thumbs down from me man. Thank god its a free game lol.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:33 am
Profile YIM

Player built cities like SWG and attackable like Shadowbane :) The tree of life would be a big ass generator though :)

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:02 pm

I gotta check this Minecraft out..... Keep hearing good things about considering the graphics etc.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2