Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Diablo 3 Battle Tag 
BbB Officer

Post Diablo 3 Battle Tag
Those playing diablo 3

My battle tag is Airmoros#1840

Mon May 14, 2012 12:16 pm

Post Re: Diablo 3 Battle Tag
I will be picking mine up at midnight tonight. If anyone wants to get some Co-Op going at some point look me up. Going to roll a Monk at the start.

Battle Tag
Fuiri#1819

Mon May 14, 2012 12:29 pm
Profile YIM
BbB Member

Powin#1627 is my battle tag but not sure when ill have D3 yet.

*edit*
never mind went to gamestop just now and bought a copy for the release tonight. :)
Also probably going to do a witch doctor first. :)

Mon May 14, 2012 4:42 pm
Profile YIM
BbB Officer

Waiting for UPS....anyone have a guest pass for the time being?

Tue May 15, 2012 6:59 am
Forum Admin

got home this evening; spent some time hooking up my new speakers and then went to log in. Servers went down about 10 minutes before I tried to log in and now Bliz says they'll be back around midnight my time.

Guess I'll be playing tomorrow.

I'm not angry at Bliz for having stability issues on launch day (it's a HUGE release after all)--but I'm really fucking annoyed at the decision that I have to be able to connect to their servers to play the game as a single-player experience. That's really obnoxious that I'm cut off from a single-player game because some game servers are down.

Wed May 16, 2012 12:04 am
Profile WWW
BbB Member

Nalthien wrote:
got home this evening; spent some time hooking up my new speakers and then went to log in. Servers went down about 10 minutes before I tried to log in and now Bliz says they'll be back around midnight my time.

Guess I'll be playing tomorrow.

I'm not angry at Bliz for having stability issues on launch day (it's a HUGE release after all)--but I'm really fucking annoyed at the decision that I have to be able to connect to their servers to play the game as a single-player experience. That's really obnoxious that I'm cut off from a single-player game because some game servers are down.

Its how companies are looking to combat piracy :( Battlefield I think was the 1 of the first to push this. It still isn't full proof a coder could still rewrite some of the game and turn it into single only im sure. But this way its extremely hard to make a boot leg copy since your required to have a authenticated account. The down side is that now the burden is on the player to either accept that there will be issues or not play at all. :( A couple of months ago in my cyber security class we were talking about this as a way to combat piracy. And its not just games looking into it. Major programs for media are looking into this. Say you buy a copy of photoshop now you have to login to even use it(this hasn't happened yet but I can promise you adobe is probably looking into this along with other companies). The reason they are doing this is cause the net is so accessible now they are going to require internet just to use any software you have.

*edit* not only is it a good way to combat piracy its also a good way to keep track of how you use the program, and if you agree to the TOS which most people do without looking you agree to being monitored.

Last edited by Powin on Wed May 16, 2012 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed May 16, 2012 12:09 am
Profile YIM
Forum Moderator

i chose to not play at all...

i like diablo but i'm not gonna play a single player game that i have to log into a server for.. i had enough of that with swtor.

Wed May 16, 2012 12:15 am
Profile YIM
BbB Member

Narco wrote:
i chose to not play at all...

i like diablo but i'm not gonna play a single player game that i have to log into a server for.. i had enough of that with swtor.

You might not have much choice soon every software company is looking at it now.

Wed May 16, 2012 12:16 am
Profile YIM
Forum Moderator

I'd stop playing altogether.. I always have a choice.. I can chose not to play.

I'll just play old games then :D

Wed May 16, 2012 12:19 am
Profile YIM
BbB Member

Narco wrote:
I'd stop playing altogether.. I always have a choice.. I can chose not to play.

I'll just play old games then :D

Like i said i know you do alot of media stuff. Even adobe and other programs are looking into this. But while i may not agree with it I understand why they are doing it. I know I would want to protect my IP if I didnt want it to be freeware/shareware. atleast there are some decent freeware media stuff I know GIMP is a good photoshop hell I've heard there were things in gimp before photoshop created it so they had to recreate their own version of the code since GIMP is under a licence which basically meant photoshop couldn't use the code if they charged for the program.

But enough of me going on about this. I agree with you and nalt, that this royally sucks since I could be doing single player right now but nooo all this stupid piracy bullshit that has been going around has just ruined it for legit peeps. :(

Wed May 16, 2012 12:21 am
Profile YIM
Forum Moderator

yeah but it makes more sense on larger commercial programs like adobe suites or autocad or the likes because you're paying
out the ass for single licenses and instead of continually buying updates they can just cloud the programs and you can use
them from any computer you want with your license. I just don't agree with it when it comes to gaming.

Games are getting worse not better and they are pouring more and more money into developing shit games and new
ways to fuck with piraters when its not piraters that are really causeing the money loss. Make a good fucking game and
the people will buy it and stick with it for awhile.

Meanwhile indie games are taking off because they are games people actually want to play and they don't cost
a fortune to buy and play. These big companies better start coming up with truly good games or they're fucked no matter
what they try to do to stop pirating.. Case in point 98games.. Good job Schilling... sigh...

Wed May 16, 2012 12:29 am
Profile YIM
BbB Member

Oh nalt btw you can play the other region servers unlick starcraft they didnt region lock diablo3 thankfully im playing on the asain servers right now. :P Down side is its a different saved game set :( but you can still use your normal login id/pw just go to options and change region

Wed May 16, 2012 12:38 am
Profile YIM

The other reason they have you log in to their servers is because of the Gold AH & the Real Money AH. It's an attempt to keep the number of hacked or duped items down. And be able to track you usage of either AH. I don't like having to log in but I can understand why they are doing it.

Now I will have a problem if the Diablo log in servers go down every Tuesday for 8 hours like the WoW servers. There is no reason for anything like that to happen.

Wed May 16, 2012 9:48 am
Profile YIM
BbB Officer

Real money stuff is also a way for them to try and get coin to keep the cost of running the diablo 3 servers down since it's not a pay to play game.

Wed May 16, 2012 1:17 pm
BbB Member

So I'm going to try and put teamspeak up on my server I just redid a VM Vsphere box. Forgot how i installed teamspeak last time but ill try and get it up for us to use if anyone wants to that is. :) I mean I was going to do it anyways just figured id mention it for use. :)

Wed May 16, 2012 6:03 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]