Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Smite 

Post Smite
Has anyone looked into this game or thought about trying it out? It's a MOBA (League of Legends, DOTA) style game. But instead of being top down it plays over the shoulder 3rd person shooter style. Been messing around with it since yesterday. It's in open beta atm. If anyone wants to try it out PM me and let me know. You don't need a code or anything but if you get refered then we both earn favor in game.

http://www.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/home

Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:16 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: Smite
Weird. I'm not sure if DOTA style games lend themselves to 3rd person views well.

Interesting but weird.

FWIW, I play lots of LoL.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:54 pm

I played LOL but I can't get into it as much. It just gets boring after awhile. Download Smite and give it a try. It has the same mechanics as LOL/DOTA in that you have lanes, tower to destroy/defend and a jungle. Another good thing is that they have other game types as well. They have an Arena, Domination, Joust with 1v1 & 3v3. And then they have what they call Assault. It's a single lane and each side has 2 towers, 1 phoenix, and boss. But the kicker here is that you are assigned a God to play. And which one you get is completely random. The fun part here is that it gives you a chances to try out other Gods without having to buy them. Plus it's just fast action with one lane and no jungle.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:33 pm
Profile YIM

Yeah, very similar game modes to LOL. ARAM (All Random All Mid) is the same concept as assault. I mostly ARAM because it keeps you on your toes.

LoL does have dominion now as well.

I'll give Smite a try.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]