This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Another game that looks good!! 
Forum Moderator

Post Re: Another game that looks good!!
Ranger/Bard/Bladedancer sounds like a good way to go for me.

Have you seen these classes around Fuiri? any good?

Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:07 am
Profile YIM
BbB Member

I heard bards were pretty sweet from someone who was playing them.

No key yet? Im wondering wtf is going on...Its going to take me at least a day to download the client as well...shit.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:45 am
Forum Moderator

at first glance I'm looking at full ranger with leftovers in bard and bladedancer..

http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=2&s ... _&lang=eng

Have to go full Ranger for Rain of Arrows... Sounds awesome! :D

Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:53 am
Profile YIM

Roks you probably won't get a key. Since you ordered straight from Trion they will flag your account for beta access and the head start.

As for the Bard. Yes, they are very sweet. And they are going to be a big part to any raid. They get raid wide buffs, 30 second buffs that increase dmg/crit, an HP regen, a group/raid heal based off combo points used, and a big group heal if you spend at least 44 points in the soul.

Ranger/Bard is a good combo for leveling. You can use the ranger's tank pet to take the damage for you. The third soul can be whatever you want it to be but not sure I would use blade dancer personally. I would probably use Saboteur for the 0 point AE skills one of which is a 70% snare. You can also spend 5 points and get a 15% increase to DEX. For groups/raids I actually have a Marksman/Bard/Saboteur build that should work well. Marksman can do more damage at times due to not having to rely on a pet. And in Rift if your pet dies you can not resummon one until you are out of combat again. And it will depend upon if you want the spec to be more DPS oriented or support oriented. If you want me to I can post builds for each situation. But keep in mind one of the greatest things about Rift is that there are thousands of possible specs for each archetype.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:19 am
Profile YIM

I looked at the spec you posted Narco and first off I am not sure if the 51 point talent is worth it. From talking to several of the closed testing people they have reported that most of the 51 point skills are a waste. You can squeeze more DPS or utility out of a spec by specing into other souls. But here are a few specs I came up with for various situations.

Ranger/Bard/Marksman: This is a good solo build. You have the boar pets to tank for you while solo and you get some good damage/utility from Marksman.

Bard/Marksman/?: For this build you could pick any 3rd soul that you like it's 0 point skills. It's just a filler. This build is heavy Bard for group/raid utility. You could drop 10 points out of Bard and put them where ever if you wanted to. But I would go 30 in Bard for Resonance.

I also think that if you are going to go Bard for group/raid support it's better to be a ranged class. This way your buffs reach more people because you could position yourself in a way that everyone gets the buffs. If you went a melee soul and bard then usually only other melee characters are within range for your buffs. But you could play it either way.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:26 am
Profile YIM
Forum Moderator

I respect your opinion Fuiri but I want to be a Ranger.. I understand that the lvl 51 skill may not be worth it but I want
to try it out for myself. Thank you for the info however.

As it stands, I'll have two toons. I want to try out a secret Cleric build for AoE and I also want a full bore Ranger. Believe me
When I start raining arrows down on tons of people there will be fear in the enemies' eyes.. :) The bard soul is just to get some
healing in with the extra points.. Plus a lil extra armor never hurts.

I keep reading about this PVP soul.. What is that?

Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:40 am
Profile YIM

Nothing wrong with being a ranger. Rangers are actually nice and probably the most played rogue soul for leveling. But we will have to see on that 51 point talent. But at a min you should look at changing the 3rd soul. The extra 4% to hit isn't much and the side step skill is only so so. Marksman for the DEX% or Riftstalker for the AP bonus would be a little better.

Also DO NOT take Bard with 8 points in for the reason you mentioned. Invigorated soul does not heal for enough. In fact 1 hit from a normal mob will out damage the healing from an entire Cadence duration. The health regen they get at 12 points in is nice but the only way they get semi okay heals is if they spend 24 points into the soul. I would drop Bard down to 6 points. You will still have the armor buff, endurance buff, and damage motif. Then you can put the last 9 points into the 3rd soul. Possible choices would be:

Marksman- This would give you more DPS and Deadeye shot is the best ranged finisher in the game.

Saboteur- This would give you a DEX increase which would equal more attack power, dodge, and crit chance. Also their traps are nice and go well with Ranger.

Nightblade- Energy returned from your finishers and damage bonus on your finishers. Plus you will get a 30 second stealth. Then at 8 points in you get a ranged 30 sec mezz that is used from stealth.

The PvP souls are pretty much what they sound like. They are souls that specialize in increasing your PvP abilities. You get damage increase against players, damage reduction from players, CC breaks, and a few other skills. These souls are worthless in PvE.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:42 am
Profile YIM
Forum Moderator

Nothing wrong with being a ranger. Rangers are actually nice and probably the most played rogue soul for leveling. But we will have to see on
that 51 point talent. But at a min you should look at changing the 3rd soul. The extra 4% to hit isn't much and the side step skill is only so so.
Marksman for the DEX% or Riftstalker for the AP bonus would be a little better.

Also DO NOT take Bard with 8 points in for the reason you mentioned. Invigorated soul does not heal for enough. In fact 1 hit from a normal
mob will out damage the healing from an entire Cadence duration. The health regen they get at 12 points in is nice but the only way they get
semi okay heals is if they spend 24 points into the soul. I would drop Bard down to 6 points. You will still have the armor buff, endurance buff,
and damage motif. Then you can put the last 9 points into the 3rd soul. Possible choices would be:

Nice Suggestion THX

Marksman- This would give you more DPS and Deadeye shot is the best ranged finisher in the game.
Better than Ranger's Concusive Blast? Looking at them side by side the Concusive blast LOOKS better to me.
What is the reasoning behind the Deadeye Shot thought?

Saboteur- This would give you a DEX increase which would equal more attack power, dodge, and crit chance. Also their traps are nice and
go well with Ranger.

Sounds good

Nightblade- Energy returned from your finishers and damage bonus on your finishers. Plus you will get a 30 second stealth. Then at 8 points
in you get a ranged 30 sec mezz that is used from stealth.

Intriguing

The PvP souls are pretty much what they sound like. They are souls that specialize in increasing your PvP abilities. You get damage increase
against players, damage reduction from players, CC breaks, and a few other skills. These souls are worthless in PvE.

Found them in the planner.. Definitely worth it for PvP.. Will there be a chance to respec?

Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:34 am
Profile YIM

Concussive blast is nice for PvP but it also has a 30 second recast. Deadeye shot works on the normal GCD. And I have seen Deadeye crit for 1800.

You can have up to 4 roles saved to use. These roles can have any combination of the souls you want to use. And you can change these roles at anytime as long as you are not in combat.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:23 pm
Profile YIM
Forum Moderator

You can change on the fly? no shit? If I'm in the middle of a quest out in the woods or something?

Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:32 pm
Profile YIM
Forum Admin

Narco wrote:
You can change on the fly? no shit? If I'm in the middle of a quest out in the woods or something?

WIN

Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:34 pm
Profile WWW
BbB Member

Nalthien wrote:
Narco wrote:

WIN

AWESOME!

Sounds like you can switch out weapons/shields as well in combat too? Now that just gave me excitement. If so thats just gonna make tanks sicker than hell. Tank and spank.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:46 pm
Forum Admin

Roks wrote:
Nalthien wrote:
Narco wrote:

WIN

AWESOME!

Sounds like you can switch out weapons/shields as well in combat too? Now that just gave me excitement. If so thats just gonna make tanks sicker than hell. Tank and spank.

MORE WIN

Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:19 pm
Profile WWW

Yes, you can change weapons in combat from what I remember. But you can not change roles while in combat.

But yes Narco. You can be out in BFE and switch your roles. As long as you have purchased extra roles ( 4 total ) and spec'd them. It also auto saves your UI layout for that role. So you don't have to worry about redoing your hot bars.

You just HAVE TO REMEMBER. That when you go to train skills you need to switch to any roles that have different souls so you can update them all. Nothing worse than going into an instance and then realize that you have not upgraded skills for some roles. Especially if that role is a healer.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:24 pm
Profile YIM
Forum Moderator

Even with that downside I just got wood!

Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:18 pm
Profile YIM
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2