Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
GW2 

Post Re: GW2
I can agree with the "wanting to see how it pans out" decisions. We've all been burnt by games we thought should be the shit but didn't work out. I confess to be being huge on SWTOR and in fact loving the hell out of it as I played it. I would say I may even still be playing that one, except there weren't enough players on at the right times. We thought staying small time and tight knit, we'd be good. Turns out we just didn't have enough guildies.

I'm loving all I see so far with GW2, graphics, classes (yes they seem to be wow cloned), the WvWvW battles (Vyr!!). I do have some concerns that there isn't a huge end game, but it also sounds sort of the same as end game style of Champion's Online (and I enjoyed that). The big thing for me for GW2 is that no matter what, if it's with Krultai, Orie, Keka, Brak etc, or the BBB'ers that are showing interest, If there aren't that many, and i'm thinking less than 20, then we need to guild shop. Take our experience as close knit teams into a bigger guild. Nothing makes wanting to like a game harder than not having the people to like it with. That said, let's get this show on the road and get the fence sitters off the fence! I'd love to see us tearing up the RvR (WvWvW) as a crew!

Finally, last two points, from what I see, you can enter pvp at lvl 1 and it boots you up to highest level there is and you can xp your way to level 80 all the way without questing.. all PVP. Finally, NO MONTHLY SUB FEE! I mean come on. You can buy the game, and if you don't like it, it's not going to soak up money every month on you. Hell, buy it, and get your vet status started, if in a year they fix or add things you didn't like/wanted then come back to your still active account that you weren't paying a dime for! Maybe they'll have vet rewards and you can get some cool stuff for not playing!

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:42 pm

End game will be...like DAOC end game with the WvW(RvR) 3 servers vs each other...and it wont be like oh man.. red map has way more people so we lose all the times, cause every 2 weeks they will be switching server match ups

Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:06 am

Yea, myself and a few others will definitely be playing. I will most definitely come here and post server if people are interested. I would definitely like to get back in a game with ya'll. Plus as someone else posted, a larger pool of people is always better. I am working with a group of friends from back in sb and that way we can all start on the same server, even if people want different guilds. Either way, feel free to post here to me or pm me if you have any questions and I will definitely post the server name as soon as I find out.

Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:30 pm

Dusktilldawnguild.com is the guild I've been playing with for a couple years ever since WAR days went bye .... Looking like ill be rolling on gates of madness unless otherwise specified ... If bbb don't jump in to gw you can apply to DtD if uou want or there is a lot of other good guilds rolling with us in a decent sized alliance .. titanalliance.net

Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:39 am

Preordered and I'm looking harder and harder at the Mesmer. I think that's to be my main. Liking the vids I'm seeing.

And that guild sounds like it may be worth a peek Herc.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:15 pm

they are, really organized too.. it is amazing fun running WvW with them lol

Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:11 pm

Herc, what's your character name with DtD? Just incase I decide to give them a whirl, I'd use you as a reference :P

Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:30 pm

10 days till headstart getting anxious ha ha

Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:35 pm

I will be jumping in GW2 as well. Trying to decide between a Necromancer or an Engineer.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:49 am
Profile YIM

ok so i went and preordered GW2, ive not played any thing yet but.. im looking at either the Necro or the Element, any opinions?

Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I read something that said Elementalist have more spec options & might be a little better right now. But that Necro's were getting some love before release. So I would just say play what you like or make one of each and then decide.

And Herc, be sure to post where DtD plans to play. I don't know if Anet will have a server list up a couple days early or if you guys will just have to pick one from the list on Saturday. I will be checking the DtD site as well as here to see where everyone is going. Not sure I will be able to get on and play Saturday but I should be able to get on by Sunday.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:32 am
Profile YIM

I can't give you any input on which class is better or more fun Kill, I've not done beta either. Wanted to save it up for live. I however will be giving the Mesmer a shot. And since you all know, my classes always seem to get nerfed, don't play the mesmer :P.

Herc, I'd like to know what server DtD is playing on as well. Unfortunately it's not for the same reason as Fuiri. I liked what I saw in the DtD forums for the most part, but when I looked at the Titan Alliance, I saw the PRX guild. I've had friends in the beta who happened to be on the same server PRX was on and they were most unimpressed with them. From spamming chat and whining about trying to keep everyone other than their guild out of WvWvW and other PvP just so they could get their members in, to just being pricks in chat when someone else did get in the pvp.

While the titan alliance looks most impressive, also have to worry that those guilds, having so many members, I fear that there may be greater chances of having pvp queues on their server as everyone will be wanting to be there. I'm thinking it will be better and more fun to be on an opposing server and getting to fight against those guys. I'll most likely pick another server and search around for a decent sized guild that isn't as elitist as PRX seems to be, and spend as much time as possible honing the skills for the day our servers meet :)

Again, DtD doesn't look as hardcore or dickish as PRX, but being in an alliance with PRX means I won't be able to kill them in the future. And at least i'll know if the fight is as good as the talk, then i'll have alot of fun when I get into WvWvW.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:21 am

Prx is actually one of the good non drama guilds ... The wvw thing was the brotherhood ... Who are no longer with titan... But as servers go we won't know till 8 hours before release due to some shaddy tatics taken by another alliance to flood our server with guilds so I'm told but when I find out ill be sure to pm you

Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:16 am
BbB Member

Somebody make a decision. I will be happy to play anything with BbB.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:24 pm

Me to... When you all left for WOWthisgameislameWOW, i had to find new people to play with... and im looking for word to playing with BBB again. sadly a lot of the old people i knew wont be there.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:40 pm
Profile YIM WWW
BbB Member

I might try and get GW2. :)

Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:58 pm
Profile YIM

I'm going to be giving it a go on Jade Quarry server. Almost a sure thing, pending me finding out what server PRX plays on. I just want to fight against them, so I won't be on that server. It will be me, and for you older folks that didn't do WoW or such, folks i've been playing with for a while now, Krultai, Keka, Brak, Orie and possibly a couple others. Real small but we'll most likely end up looking for a larger fun loving guild since there isn't much response either from the BBB'ers.

Those that are interested feel free to pop on over and we'll find us all a home!

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:24 pm

We are definitely planning on starting on Jade Quarry, if something should happen to change that, I will post here, but for now that is the plan. We will create a guild and all BBB is welcome. If BBB decides to come in force, we will relinquish control of the guild to the officers. For startup, we are just looking for some fun times and a relaxed game play.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:43 pm
BbB Member

Krultai wrote:
We are definitely planning on starting on Jade Quarry, if something should happen to change that, I will post here, but for now that is the plan. We will create a guild and all BBB is welcome. If BBB decides to come in force, we will relinquish control of the guild to the officers. For startup, we are just looking for some fun times and a relaxed game play.

So are you naming it Brotherhood by blood? :P

Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:12 pm
Profile YIM

We definitely can, but I didn't want to overstep or anything. But if there is enough interest, or even enough fence sitters, I would be completely fine name the guild BBB, but I would need someone to give the ok.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:00 am
BbB Member

Oh I don't care. :P I was just saying would make since if in the end it might end up being a lot of BBB. :P I don't think any officers would care. I mean I made a corp in Eve online called BBB was never told I couldn't when I asked. :)

Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:14 am
Profile YIM

Well it is fairly easy to change the guild name later. But before I would use BBB as the guild name, I wouldn't do it without some form of support or approval :)

Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:49 pm
Forum Admin

<---- you have my support to make a BbB Guild in this game :cool:

Also having the BbB name would make it easier for people that have played with or know of DAoC to find you.

And as you stated... if it does not work.. you can change it later. :cheesy:

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:44 pm

Cool thanks, and will do!

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:53 pm
Forum Admin

Absolutely call it BbB if you want; and if the game does well over the next 30-60 days, you might just see me join up. :)

Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:39 pm
Profile WWW
BbB Member

Krultai wrote:
Well it is fairly easy to change the guild name later. But before I would use BBB as the guild name, I wouldn't do it without some form of support or approval :)

Oh I wasn't saying you had too. :) Plus I didn't know you could change the guild name. I think that will make things interesting to say the least. In terms of keeping track of is that guild that old guild that we don't like or whatever :P

Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:45 am
Profile YIM

Made it to Jade Quarry. I'll be on for a bit.. named Sinjynn :)

Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:38 pm

Guild formed up.. Brotherhood By Blood lives again! ... now if the game would come back up :)

Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:37 am
BbB Member

Your welcome to use my teamspeak3 server if you want. :) /viewtopic.php?f=91&t=18347

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:26 pm
Profile YIM
BbB Member

Just ordered my copy but having trouble registering :( QQ

*Edit*
Finally got registered :) now I'm downloading! :P

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:45 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next