Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
GW2 

Post Re: GW2
Well, after spending about 15 levels exploring my starter zone to completion, I decided it was time for some WvWvW (RvR). And let me tell ya.. I had a BLAST.. it totally reminded me of DAOC.. took a couple keeps, defended a few. Had rams/trebs/boiling oil. We'd destroy one team only to have the third team come at us en masse and fuck us up. We'd rez up, get the zerg gathered, and roll that mob down!

When I went to bed, I was level 20.. and that's from pvp'ing for 5 levels in RvR.. lol.. I didn't want to leave but I was getting tired! I urge any of you that truly miss the DAOC days, give this a shot. The first couple levels can be trying as there is a bit of a learning curve, but wow... that was some fun stuff tonight.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:37 am
BbB Member

Totally agree with sin. Its a lot like new frontiers style rvr with the keeps and towers but with an added twist there are supply camps and to build weapons like rams and cats you need supplies so everyone has to use the 10 supplies they can carry to either build equipment or use it to repair walls and gates(first someone has to put up a build thing with a blueprint they buy then everyone can throw their supplies at it). There are caravans that leave the supply camps to resupply keeps and towers so you have quick access to supplies nice for when your defending and need to repair the gate or a wall. I haven't seen a wall go down yet but assuming it would be like new frontiers. Basically there are 4 battlegrounds 1 for each server as their home(named after each server so that changes when your server match up changes) the other 2 servers attack and whoever it belongs to defends(and they have a few towers and supply camps). Then the 4th battleground has a middle keep it is open for all 3 to take and all 4 of them affect the points overall. But towers are basically keeps. Its pretty awesome totally reminds me of daoc. It also auto bumps you to lvl 80 for this. Once your lvl 7+ its well worth investigating cause lvl 7 is when you can carry 2 sets of weapons and can swap mid combat between them since weapons decide you skills. Also the under water combat is pretty nice and gives you a whole new set of skill options. :)

Also you queue up for the battleground you want to be in be it to attack a specific server or defend yours or go to the eternal battleground. But all matter cause they all add to the overall score. :) Problem is i can't seem to find a way to see the map of which BG is doing good until your already in 1 of the 4 bg's then you can see all 4. Ill keep trying to figure out if you can switch between the maps. But you can see the score and how many keeps towers control points and supply camps each side has. They are persistent also yes I said queue they don't end until the server match up ends i think. But they put a cap on population. I guess to try and keep it even in each BG. But its still high. I think there was probably 100+ on each side in the eternal BG cause there were battle marks all over the place. And i know we had like 30 people where i was defending a tower and like 30 from both servers where attacking each other and our tower was awesome!! :) And there was plenty of other WvWvW going on other places, and some WvW.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:33 am
Profile YIM
BbB Member

this is what the battlegrounds look like. Also that is 90% our server for ownership :P its almost all BLUE! :P

Attachment:
gw002.jpg
gw002.jpg [ 772.59 KiB | Viewed 8555 times ]

Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:35 am
Profile YIM
BbB Member

http://guildwars2hub.com/guides/explora ... rawl-guide

HAHAHA they have a keg brawl mini game in the game! :P This is awesome sinj we need to bust some people up and get the Kegmaster title to wear proudly as BBB :P

Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:34 pm
Profile YIM
BbB Member

Also to add you can claim stuff in WvW. Keeps towers the big castle supply camps all claimable. However a guild can only claim 1 thing. But it looks like everything has something you can upgrade like a supply depoy you can increase the supply amount add guards to the caravans increase the guards lvl and add a patrol guard. Towers and keeps have upgradable walls and guards and some other stuff. :) it isn't cheap at first since were low lvl but im sure 20 silver and 250 karma(at higher levels is nothing) and supply which is from the supply depot. Some items were as cheap as 5 silver and no karma and some supply.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:43 pm
Profile YIM
BbB Member

This secret area I found to find this pirates treasure. It was cool cause i had to go through a maze and then this happened the pirates ghost said hahahaha lets see how ya do now then the lights went out and i had to navigate with a damn torch jumping from pilon to pilon if i fell i had to start over again i fell like 10 times sigh lol hes the pics for your enjoyment. Also a funny story to my pet birds name. Yes my asura has an afro! :P
Attachment:
torch2.jpg
torch2.jpg [ 330.29 KiB | Viewed 8542 times ]

Attachment:
torch1.jpg
torch1.jpg [ 315.51 KiB | Viewed 8542 times ]

Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:36 am
Profile YIM

I just got back from EB games after buying the Limited edition strategy Guide. It came with a free digital guide, so i made it into a pdf for everyone. (not the same as the hardcopy tho, as mine has a few more pages(128 more) but it should help.

http://www.mediafire.com/?q1jx6pjs0kg6cch

[the book has super nice pages, and it came with a FUll map of tyria map stand , so feel free to ask me questions in game, and ill look it up when i can.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:31 pm
BbB Member

Sweet mudkipz. :) Oh and this is a guy in the guild btw so he isn't a spammer :P

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:36 pm
Profile YIM

We are bugged and are fighting magumma and sorrows furnace over and over and over ... After . We are now on our 3rd 300k plus score to 32k-65k

Oh yeah dinged 80 Tuesday

If you want to fight prx you'll. Be fighting me :) we are assigned to same map lol

Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:23 am

hehe. grats on 80, see ya on the battlefield

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:31 am

we are fighting now,

Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:28 pm
BbB Member

What server are you?

Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:34 am
Profile YIM
BbB Member

Claimed a keep in the name of BBB also holding an orb of power! :) This is the emblem minus the green that changes based on if you are the green blue or red server. But we got the blue and gold color going

Attachment:
BBBkeep1.jpg
BBBkeep1.jpg [ 683.72 KiB | Viewed 8510 times ]

Attachment:
BBBkeep.jpg
BBBkeep.jpg [ 503.6 KiB | Viewed 8510 times ]

Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:42 am
Profile YIM
BbB Member

Hey all. I figured BbB would be into this game at some level. Funny you guys are on Jade Quarry. I rolled on gates of madness and it's been a pretty one sided fight this week in your favor.

How is the WvW queue for you guys? Some of the bigger pvp servers were complaining of hour long wvw queues.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:07 am
Profile ICQ

Some times it was an hour or so.... guess it really depended on what you went for... so i'd queue up and pve or explore as soon as I get on... didnt do it last two nights.. im due!

Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:54 am

On Henge of Denravi I have sat in the queue for up to 4 hours. But we have been dominating our competition so far. I have seen our scores in the 300k+ range with neither of the other 2 servers reaching 100k. Hope they get the matching system fixed soon for better matches.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:51 am
Profile YIM
BbB Member

I'm put of town this weekend, but I had read that new server matchups were assigned on Friday maybe. I'm hoping my server gets setup against another one that isn't loaded with pvp alliances.

I'm trying to decide if I want to move to a different server like jade quarry that will have a vibrant WvW community and deal with queues, or stay where I am where it's less competitive, but I can get into WvW immediately.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:54 pm
Profile ICQ
Forum Admin

See you in game.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:46 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

Welcome aboard Var.. yay.. a forum admin in the fold! Now we can get some GW2 forum section love!

FYI to all the other old schoolers, Mahone will be joining next week. He has the game already and is trying to transfer to our server when he gets back from a trip.

Vyr!! The WvW keep/castle takes are exactly what you are missing from DAOC. Everytime I do one, and throw down a ram, or treb, or put up boiling oil, repair a door, etc etc.. I think, "man, Vyr should be here for this".

Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:08 pm
BbB Member

Says Jade Quarry server is full :(

Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:42 am
BbB Member

Pretender wrote:

Try at a odd time. :( Varadin had that and some others youll just have to catch it when it says high.

EDIT i meant varadin...

Last edited by Powin on Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:42 pm
Profile YIM
Forum Admin

Powin wrote:
Pretender wrote:

Try at a odd time. :( Vyr had that and some others youll just have to catch it when it says high.

Wait, Vyrzain is already playing?

Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:16 pm
Profile WWW

Think he meant Varadin.. not Vyr.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:52 pm
Forum Admin

...god dammit.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:09 am
Profile WWW
BbB Member

Nalthien wrote:
...god dammit.

Sorry :(

Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:01 am
Profile YIM

Well hope to see you guys out there ... Glad to see bbb. Back in action .... Our jade quarry match was like a 20, min woops server adjust ... We just got northern silverpeak and blackgate 2 days in a row ... From what I'm hearing the ascention alliance broke up over it

Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:04 am
BbB Member

Wow so today was my first siege warfare(not just attacking/defending a keep I mean ranged siege). Man defending a keep is awesome. If you are near where the treb hits is throws you back and off any equipment your using the effects are amazingly good. And the sound is so cool too. They were trebucheting us from a tower down the road and we we're mortaring back to try and blow their trebs up, successfully I might add until they destroyed the mortars. Found out how to somewhat choose a distance. Firing siege weapons in this game is not simple which makes it even more awesome.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:35 am
Profile YIM
Forum Admin

First impressions (I'm reserving all judgment until I've experienced the PVP fully; I'm only lvl 5 so I haven't done any yet):

1. It's very pretty

2. I'm simultaneously thrilled and annoyed at the whole "water on the camera" thing when I come up from swimming.

3. The acceleration on movement is really weird and I'm struggling to get used to it.

4. I can't figure out why my #1 skill sometimes work like auto-attack and sometimes doesn't.

5. Is there a setting to turn on autoloot and AE loot?

6. Combat, at least PvE combat, seems to mostly be auto-attack right now; is there something I'm missing?

So far, the game feels a lot like Diablo 3 with a 3rd person rather than top-down perspective.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:48 am
Profile WWW

There is an auto loot option in the options tab, it just removes the bags so you dont have to sort them. You'll see everything you get in the lower right corner. AOE loot... not that i've found.

I've stumbled across the "1" attack not being auto-attack sometimes too. .but it seems to be only on other characters other than my main. I know "Alt and right click mouse" toggles it on and off.

The water is awesome when you come out of it.. not so bad to fight in either, I still have problems diving below the surface fast though.

Pve combat shouldn't be auto attack. Yes, when you start out 1 skill should be, until you learn 2.. then auto 1 again until 3 is learned, throw in a wep into offhand to learn 4 and 5 (or use a two hand and go from 2-5). 1 should always be on autoattack though while fighting for sure, and constantly using the other 4 attacks as you see fit vs what you're fighting and they are on timers). At lvl 7 you'll be able to switch weps in combat using so vs different mobs you can use 8 different attacks with the swapping, and keep swapping out between the two sets til the mob is dead. At 7 you'll get the use of a "skill point" at 11 Trait points, and you get further attacks from there.

I've never played the Diablo series nor GW1 so I can't compare to how these things work, but i'm enjoying it. Although they still have things that need fixed, like the Auction House for a big one.. It hasn't worked since i've played. WvW is fun, but right now it's alot of zerg vs zerg.. which is cool if you're graphics can handle it!

What class your playing Nalty? Did you make it to Jade Quarry? Leave me a name and I can shoot you a guild invite to accept next time you're on.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:04 pm
Forum Admin

Sinjynn wrote:
There is an auto loot option in the options tab, it just removes the bags so you dont have to sort them. You'll see everything you get in the lower right corner. AOE loot... not that i've found.

Awesome; I'll have a look tonight if I'm in game.

Sinjynn wrote:
I've stumbled across the "1" attack not being auto-attack sometimes too. .but it seems to be only on other characters other than my main. I know "Alt and right click mouse" toggles it on and off.

It seems to happen totally randomly to me; I don't understand it at all. I know the icon has the two arrows around it when it's set to be auto attack; so it's just weird. Moreover, that icon seems to be associated with 3 attacks; is that right?

Sinjynn wrote:
Pve combat shouldn't be auto attack. Yes, when you start out 1 skill should be, until you learn 2.. then auto 1 again until 3 is learned, throw in a wep into offhand to learn 4 and 5 (or use a two hand and go from 2-5). 1 should always be on autoattack though while fighting for sure, and constantly using the other 4 attacks as you see fit vs what you're fighting and they are on timers). At lvl 7 you'll be able to switch weps in combat using so vs different mobs you can use 8 different attacks with the swapping, and keep swapping out between the two sets til the mob is dead. At 7 you'll get the use of a "skill point" at 11 Trait points, and you get further attacks from there.

The way it's basically been for me is: walk up to mob, hit 1, then hit the others whenever they're lit up (maybe 1-2 times each per fight). It's not been a super-engaging experience, that's for sure.

Sinjynn wrote:
What class your playing Nalty? Did you make it to Jade Quarry? Leave me a name and I can shoot you a guild invite to accept next time you're on.

My toon is a warrior named Nalthien; yes, I'm on Jade Quarry.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:51 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next