Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Info on Magic Find 
Forum Admin

Post Info on Magic Find
http://guildwars2hub.com/guides/explora ... -find-gear

Quote:
Say you have an even 100% magic find through items and consumables. If the creature type you’re fighting only has a 1% chance to drop a rare quality item, your magic find gear will only increase that to a 2% chance. That can still help increase your chances on rare item drops, but will by no means guarantee that you will actually see any increase at all.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:37 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Info on Magic Find
So what you are saying is, having magic find is like adding another dice to roll? :P

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:12 pm
Forum Admin

Olybib wrote:
So what you are saying is, having magic find is like adding another dice to roll? :P

I think the point is that you generally need insane amounts of magic find for it to make a difference.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:10 pm
Profile WWW
BbB Member

On certain things at least. Cause his info is off on the fact that when i killed a set of certain mobs with my lvl 60 gear granted the lvl 80 gear isn't any different in terms of amount of magic find cause its still 3% and im using the same rune set just better armor and the other 2 stats. But with the gear I saw twice as much crafting stuff drop in 1 hour of farming then 1 hour of farming without it which is why i wanted the gear anyways as for rare items I haven't seen a difference really but for crafting mats and blues I saw a big increase, and greens increased a little also. I'll do another test this time and actually time it and count out the difference in mats with and without magic finding to be sure.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:08 pm
Profile YIM
Forum Admin

The fact that you saw double with around 100% magic find gear validates his claims.

The key to the magic find stat is that the percentage isn't your "percentage chance to find magic items" it's percent of increase over the base chance.

If the base chance of an item dropping is 1% and you have 50% magic find, your chance will be 1.5%. 100% magic find equates to 2%.

That's the key number: 100% magic find will effectively double your chances at anything. That's definitely worth it; but, it doesn't suddenly mean you're going to get a ton of stuff.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:43 pm
Profile WWW
BbB Member

I know that but the difference between 1% and 2% isn't going to do anything is also one of his conclusions in the article. Cause in terms of rare items he got the same result with and without magic find. For me it justifies it because of the blue drop rate. :) But if you wanting just golds having magic find gear isn't going to help much

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:22 pm
Profile YIM

Powin wrote:
I know that but the difference between 1% and 2% isn't going to do anything is also one of his conclusions in the article. Cause in terms of rare items he got the same result with and without magic find. For me it justifies it because of the blue drop rate. :) But if you wanting just golds having magic find gear isn't going to help much

Yup, if you get 5 rares average doing one Plinx chain, you'll get only 10 average
with 100% MF, not much of an increase

Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:06 am
BbB Member

nikola wrote:
Powin wrote:

Yup, if you get 5 rares average doing one Plinx chain, you'll get only 10 average
with 100% MF, not much of an increase

Except that isn't how it adds up most people including me see no increase on golds because its a 1% increase. So if you get 5 drops you will only get 5 drops is what peoples tests have shown. if your gold rate doubled that is huge but it doesn't actually happen that way sure youve doubled your odds but from 1% to 2% doesn't mean a whole lot. That said its still worth having for blues and greens just to sell and it doesn't hurt you in the gold department just don't expect much. :P

Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:45 pm
Profile YIM

If you get 1% drop rate, you'll get 5 rares out of 500 drops. If you increase it to 2%, you'll get 10 rares out of 500 drops.
Its pretty simple math

Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:38 am

Do i need to craft more Magic Find sets?

Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]