Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
Meet the smallest member of BBB... 

Post Meet the smallest member of BBB...

Aurynna - Night Elf Holy Priest (Retired) WoW-Thunderlord
Aurynna - Tiny Level Asmodian Cleric (Retired) Aion-Lumiel
Aurynna- Level 26 Cleric (and growing!) Rift-Faeblight

Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:19 pm
Profile ICQ YIM

Post Re: Meet the smallest member of BBB...
So are you saying Nalty has the smallest member in BBB? That's how I read that.

Grats again you two.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:33 pm
BbB War

Bwahahah! That's gold jerry that's gold!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0qm0KUPeD8

Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:01 pm
BbB Member

Congrats. Hope everything goes smoothly. :) Know if its a boy or girl yet? I don't know much about ultrasounds or if that pic shows it. And when are you due?

Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:34 pm
Profile YIM

That is just a side view picture of the baby- the head is on the left, facing up, with the body on the right. We won't know the gender until October, as the baby is only about 3.5 inches long right now. I'm due March first.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:10 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
BbB Member

Rynna wrote:
That is just a side view picture of the baby- the head is on the left, facing up, with the body on the right. We won't know the gender until October, as the baby is only about 3.5 inches long right now. I'm due March first.

Well congrats again!! :) Babies are awesome!! :P I'm always fascinated by how fast they learn.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:55 pm
Profile YIM
BbB Officer

Congratulations!

You guys should research homebirth. Our kid is 1-years-old we had him at home with no meds or any other interventions they pile onto you in the hospital. If you want some documentaries I'll hook you guys up. Giving birth in U.S. hospitals is dangerous so I recommend every would-be mother research birthing in great detail.
- Among industrialized nations, the U.S. is almost 30th in infant mortality rate. That means twenty-something other nations have less mothers and babies die during birth than we do.
- If you go to a hospital, you have at least a 30% chance of getting a C-section. C-sections are not minor surgery, and people do die from them.
- If you do not have a C-section, you are almost guaranteed to have an episiotomy.

Basically, if you go to a hospital there is a 90%+ chance that something bad will happen.

Regardless of what you guys do, though, I hope that you have a safe, healthy pregnancy. Having kids is awesome.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:43 pm
Hib Visitor

Barren wrote:
You guys should research homebirth. Our kid is 1-years-old we had him at home with no meds or any other interventions they pile onto you in the hospital. If you want some documentaries I'll hook you guys up. Giving birth in U.S. hospitals is dangerous so I recommend every would-be mother research birthing in great detail.
- Among industrialized nations, the U.S. is almost 30th in infant mortality rate. That means twenty-something other nations have less mothers and babies die during birth than we do.
- If you go to a hospital, you have at least a 30% chance of getting a C-section. C-sections are not minor surgery, and people do die from them.
- If you do not have a C-section, you are almost guaranteed to have an episiotomy.

Basically, if you go to a hospital there is a 90%+ chance that something bad will happen.

i seriously hope you are joking. if there are complications (cord around the neck, hemorrhaging) and a C section is needed, how the fuck you gonna do that from your house? Among industrialization the US has the BEST doctors in the world, why would you skimp on that with something so serious? Most unintelligent thing i have ever read

Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:52 pm
Forum Admin

Barren wrote:

I think you're seriously confusing "something bad" with "something unnecessary." I totally agree that people should do their homework, but to imply as you did that C-sections are bad is absolutely absurd. I would never have survived without my mother having a C-section and I know many others who are the same.

Infant mortality rate is NOT based on "death during childbirth" it is based on "babies dying before 1 year of age" so it's completely useless as a measure the way you've used it.

90% is a number you pulled out of your ass; so I'll just ignore it.

Childbirth, in whatever form it takes, is a relatively dangerous process and there are things that can go wrong. I'd much rather have a doctor there to handle a medical emergency than see my wife sitting in the bathtub like some topiary-bushed hippie bleeding to death because there was a tear when the baby tried to come out the wrong way.

Sign me up for the method in which the doctor saves the day.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:37 pm
Profile WWW

I don't really know you, so I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and be REALLY REALLY nice.

The reason the infant mortality (infant death, not infant AND mother death) rate is so high in the US is because we have welfare. That means every crackhead on the streets wants to get knocked up and spend a few days in a warm bed, getting decent meals, until she pops out that welfare bonus. Nearly EVERY BIRTH is recorded here, which makes the numbers look ugly. Additionally, infant mortality is contributed to by every 6 month old who drowns himself in the pool while mommy and daddy are getting high. It's not the fatality rate during childbirth.

The C-Section statistic is completely false. It is true that nearly 30% of all US births this year will be by C-Section, but over 2/3 of those C-Sections are ELECTIVE. This means someone decided not to go through labor, just to have them cut the baby out instead. Many women think this will make the recovery of their vag much quicker, but unfortunately for them it isn't true. It's the same reason women don't breastfeed- they aren't educated enough to intelligently weigh the risks against the benefits. Also, the C-Section numbers are pumped up by all the women who are having LOTS of babies- it's still very difficult and risky to have a vaginal birth after Cesarian (VBAC), so most women who had a C-Section first, will continue to have them for their subsequent children. The statistical number you need to be looking at is the rate of EMERGENCY C-Sections, which I am completely ok with having. Do I want to be cut open, and have my newborn child torn from my body? Absolutely the hell not. But I'd rather have that then have my newborn die because she was being strangled by her own umbilical cord, or was caught under my rib cage. I'd also rather have surgery than bleed to death because my child is too big for my cervix. I was born 8 weeks premature, with no heart or lung function, at 10 lbs 9 oz. My mother nearly died delivering me in the hallway of the hospital... and we both would have died if she hadn't gone straight to the hospital when she did.
People die from C-Sections. But not anywhere near as often as they die in car accidents- are you going to stop driving?

Episiotomies were a "trend" in the medical field, and are quickly disappearing. Any woman who has done her research can walk into Labor and Delivery and say, "Don't cut me. If I tear, I tear." And there is nothing the doctors can do. All you have to do is say, "DON'T!" and the doctors are NOT ALLOWED to perform the procedure. The research has shown that episiotomies do not heal as quickly or as effectively as tears do, and therefore they are useless, and so most doctors don't perform them anyways, unless it's an emergency situation.

I am fortunate enough to live in a day and age where scientific progress has made childbirth a safer and MORE COMFORTABLE process. I am lucky that medical breakthroughs have made it possible for me to give birth to a happy, healthy child, with minimal risk of perinatal mortality, AND with minimal pain. I want the drugs! They don't get into the baby's system, and there are no long term effects. Sounds like a big win to me.

I would rather walk into a hospital and have a doctor do something I don't want, than to deliver a stillborn child on my bathroom floor. And at that, all it takes is a clear line of communication with the health care provider to discuss what you do and do not which to take place at the birth. I want an epidural, because I have no interest in being in agony for 72 hours of labor, but I also want minimal medical intervention, because women HAVE been doing this alone for thousands of years. But if something were to happen, which is quite common, I want a doctor there to step in and say, "The baby is at risk, we need to do something." My comfort be damned, NOTHING is more important than the well-being of this baby.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:59 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
BbB Officer

Okay =)
Getting out of the hospital without a C-section or episiotomy rarely happens, but you guys seem like you have already done all your research so I'm sure that you will be fine. Good luck to you guys. I hope that everything runs smoothly.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:41 pm
Forum Moderator

I've been on a few pub crawls with the guys and gals that work up in NICU at Brigham and Women's Hospital...

If that's where you're going, God help you...

LOL nah they are all very good people and I'd trust most of them with my life... most.... :D

Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:06 pm
Profile YIM
Hib Visitor

don't worry Rynna, i'm a doctor, it's cool

Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:13 am

Congrats! We're gonna have a little one the same age! Mines due March 10th:)

Oh as for the home birth with no meds.../slap that's all.

Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:03 pm
Profile YIM
BbB Officer

Congratulations!! How exciting for you both!!!

Children are a gift!! Canyaan, my baby girl, is now 20 years old, attending college and doing quite well, thank you! I love her to death!!

Good luck and let us know boy or girl b/c you said you'd find out in October, right? Did you find out?

Got any names picked? What about game names?? :-P

Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:56 pm

Thanks, Lab! We are having a boy, and I'm thinking his gamer tag may be Linden until he comes up with something better :P
He'll have his own game system and account, of course, but he can't play until after football practice, cause this kid's gonna be the best linebacker in history!! He certainly is a thrasher.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:11 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
BbB Officer

Less than three months to go. Just wondering how you three are doing. Hope all is well and healthy.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:11 am
Forum Admin

Thanks for checking in; we're actually at less than 2 months to go (she hit 33 weeks yesterday). We have our last ultrasound today and our child birthing class (oh goody) on the 22nd. Heather's doing really well and we've been working hard getting his room set up in our new house.

We're counting down the days now!

Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:39 am
Profile WWW

The ultrasound tech told me "This child has not missed a meal!" He's measuring three weeks ahead all around, so he's just plumping up for arrival. I've been doing pretty good- screaming at Nalty as little as possible. :) Nursery's pretty much done, and we're just waiting it out at this point. I give it another month before I start doing jumping jacks.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:56 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
BbB War

Are you guys still on track for March 1st delivery?

Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:45 pm

I think he'll come early due to his size and activity level, but medically there is nothing to change the March 1 due date. It's perfectly normal for him to arrive anywhere from 2ish weeks early to 1.5 weeks late. There's just no telling. But, the sooner the better, I think. :)

Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:21 am
Profile ICQ YIM
BbB War

Cool, cool. Heather and I are praying for you guys to have a healthy delivery and a healthy baby.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:32 pm
BbB Member

Kehoe wrote:
don't worry Rynna, i'm a doctor, it's cool

I have to agree with Kehoe.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]