Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Are we going to get back together for Star Wars? 
BbB War

Post Are we going to get back together for Star Wars?
Heather and I are wondering. We are definitely going to try out the new Star Wars MMO and I can't help but notice that the guild is kinda dead in all games out right now. Are we going to try and come together again in Star Wars? Or one of the other new MMOs coming out this year like Rift or Guild Wars 2? I know we miss playing with you guys and I'd like to see the gang get back together again for a MMO we can all sink our teeth into.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:47 am
Forum Admin

Post Re: Are we going to get back together for Star Wars?
I'm personally planning on giving both Rift and SWTOR a shot; it'd be nice to hear what other folks are thinking.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:35 pm
Profile WWW

Well I will be playing both. Rift is set to launch March 1st. SWTOR is starting to look as though it won't be out until closer to the summer.

Rift has shaped up very nicely. This weekend we get to test out their PvP Warfronts so I get to see how those are going to work. But one thing I think a lot of people are going to like about the game is you no longer have a need to roll a countless number of alts. With the way the soul system works once you have access to all the souls you can just switch out between different builds. Now you can only have 4 pre-loaded builds but that doesn't stop you from respecing one of them.

One of the main toons I have been playing is beta is a cleric. I have one spec as a Justicar so I can tank for instances if we need a tank. But if it's a healer we need then I have a pre made Sentinel build loaded so I can be the main healer. And all I have to do is switch out 1 piece of gear. This is a little harder for warrior tanks as the sets of gear would be different. Most DPS gear later on won't have the stats for tanking like block, parry, etc. But can still be done if you didn't mind having to keep 2 sets of gear around.

I am going to try and record some more game play this weekend. I just forget to turn Fraps on most of the time.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:27 am
Profile YIM
BbB Member

Im going to give Rift a try.

Im hoping we can all pick a server/side and play together.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:54 am
BbB Member

I will definitely be going to SWTOR -- I hope we can get a good group for it....

Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:50 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]