Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
New WoW presence? 

Post New WoW presence?
So it sounds like Ellenthall, Sinjynn, and myself (so far) would be interested in a small-scale BbB presence in WoW. I have a 70 holy priest sitting on Thunderlord that I could move over if we decided to use a different server.
I dunno about everyone else, but my main interest in playing would be mainly to enjoy the company of other BBBers. I like to raid, and I like doing instances, but I am not consumed by a need for gear. (I could also learn to like PVP if I weren't so incredibly awful at it. :P) I think if we're going to do this, we need to state up front that this will be a *casual* experience. We'll get together a few times a week to play, more often if people need help leveling. I could probably guilt Nalty into playing, and *maybe* get Leonus to play, but I doubt she would switch servers. (She's still on Thunderlord with her main, and I dunno where she has alts.) That would be five, and I'm sure there would be some more.

Thoughts?

Aurynna - Night Elf Holy Priest (Retired) WoW-Thunderlord
Aurynna - Tiny Level Asmodian Cleric (Retired) Aion-Lumiel
Aurynna- Level 26 Cleric (and growing!) Rift-Faeblight

Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:28 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
BbB Officer

Post Re: New WoW presence?
I would be up for it, as stated in the other thread.

I have:

- 80 Rogue
- 80 Paladin
- 71 Priest
- 70 Mage
- A couple 20's-30's

All of my toons are on Stormscale Horde; however, with the new transfer/faction change options, I could be persuaded into going to Thunderlord. It's just a matter of where everyone is. Also, I am with you Rynna in that this should be a casual thing. If you're out to get the leetest gear, you should probably stick with whatever super high end awesome guild you have right now. That is not to say we as our small time guild right now won't be joining in with other people possibly later on down the road in some fashion (ie, 5-10 of us combine with another small guild for a raid event), but off the bat I think this should be a casual thing. I would be interested in getting my Mage to 80, so if you have 70's or 60's that's super fine also.

I await hearing from you guys.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:53 pm
Profile YIM

Leonus just told me that they are horde over on Thunderlord. She's part of a small pvp guild that does 2 days of casual 10 mans, and said we are welcome to join them if we'd like. I'd have to faction switch to Horde, but if that's what we want to do, then that's fine with me. Other ideas would probably be fine with me too, LOL.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:21 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Hib Visitor

i don't have an account, or any characters.

so i'd have to buy the game/expansions and then level up....soooo

Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:57 pm

I'm making a face at you right now, Kehoe. An angry, pregnant and fat, "how is that even possible", "wtf is wrong with you", face.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:14 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Forum Moderator

WoW ???

Seriously?

Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:38 pm
Profile YIM

I said more along the lines of if there were a large presence. I'd hate for it to be 5 peeps and nothing can get done if one person doesn't log in. I love casual, but I also love the raids.

The Battle.net thing bothers me too... and. lol.. ya, another and... I've already paid to get my 3 mains moved From Thunderlord to another server. Blizz would have to have free transfers and faction changes to make it worth the go.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:54 pm
BbB Officer

lol Narco, yeah srsly =)

What else is there? I've done the battle of the wills of "other-game-comebacks". WoW is still the big dog on the street and I think with a small group of people who are there just to enjoy the company of each other accomplishing small achievements, it could be fun. Call me crazy. I just want to get back to gaming for fun. Could do it in other games, yes, but I figured everyone has a WoW account. Most everyone has someone near the 70 range. We all know the lore and backstory. And, to be frank, whenever I got to group with people who really made it about having fun with each other, it was a blast; DAoC aside.

Anyhow, we would love to have you Narco =) You know it!

Kehoe, don't worry bud. I understand starting from scratch can suck, and it is a risk; however, I'm perfectly content with hooking you up with some quest grindage. In fact, I almost welcome it. I figure we are going to be doing it across different level spans if we get people who aren't anywhere near 70. This was one thing I wanted to discuss. I was thinking it would be cool to have 70+ nights (leveling, etc), and then other nights during the week where we would have "get to 70 nights". It's a moot point unless we get some interest, but I just wanted to say that it won't be a "hey, get to 70 on your own deal".

Maybe I'm too optimistic, haha. I just miss gaming with you guys. School isn't super terrible now that I'm nearing the end of my Undergrad. Busy, yes, but not terrible. That said, I have a few nights a week to commit to gaming. Figured why not see if other people do as well.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:00 pm
Profile YIM
BbB Officer

Sinjynn wrote:
I said more along the lines of if there were a large presence. I'd hate for it to be 5 peeps and nothing can get done if one person doesn't log in. I love casual, but I also love the raids.

The Battle.net thing bothers me too... and. lol.. ya, another and... I've already paid to get my 3 mains moved From Thunderlord to another server. Blizz would have to have free transfers and faction changes to make it worth the go.

All understandable Sin. I know people won't come unless there's a turnout. And, you're right, not having someone on would ruin things. But for a bit we may have to roll with what we've got. That or we do what Rynna suggested and then group up with Leonus and their guild if we want to do raiding. That kind of goes a bit against what I was thinking; however, compromise is good to get people going =)

Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:05 pm
Profile YIM

FYI, each character server transfer is $25, and each character faction transfer is $30. I'll pay $25 or $30, once, but that's about it for me....

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:07 pm
Profile ICQ YIM

LOL Ellenthall, it may just end up being you and me. Like I said, though, I'm only doing one transfer, so either I can come to Stormscale and you can switch to Alliance, or I can switch to Horde, and you can come to Thunderlord. If we do that, we could join with Leonus's group- they are a pretty small guild, and pretty down to earth. They also take harassment and drunken abuse relatively well, from what I understand. :)

But I'm not even reactivating until we decide what we're going to do. I don't have WotLK installed on my account, so I'll have to buy that as well, since I'll be maxed at 70.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:24 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Forum Admin

I could be persuaded to play a toon on Thunderlord horde since there's a guild there to play with; after the experience in Aion of never having anyone around to do anything, I don't want to pay for a game where I'm going to sit around going, "wish I had someone to play with."

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:26 pm
Profile WWW

I was under the impression Ell was the only one with SS Horde toons... What guild are you thinking of? If we decide to do Stormscale, that's fine with me, but I am leaning toward Thunderlord since we'd have "back up friends" to play with there. Since so few of us are considering reactivating (5?), it would be best to go somewhere where we can join with another group to do bigger things when we want to.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:32 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Forum Admin

Rynna wrote:
What guild are you thinking of? If we decide to do Stormscale, that's fine with me, but I am leaning toward Thunderlord since we'd have "back up friends" to play with there. .

My head does word association: stormscale: horde, thunderlord: alliance.

I mean that I'd be good with Thunderlord Horde since we'd have more people there to roll with.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:35 pm
Profile WWW

With the $25 to transfer a toon.. and $30 to faction change.. that with the $15/month turns into a real expensive first month of WoW.. and whew.. if i did that with my 80 rogue... and then found out i'd rather have my 75ish hunter to finish off.. i'd be pissed :P

Blizz needs to make a group rate thing..

Also I don't like that battlenet thing.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:37 pm
BbB Member

Sinjynn wrote:
With the $25 to transfer a toon.. and $30 to faction change.. that with the $15/month turns into a real expensive first month of WoW.. and whew.. if i did that with my 80 rogue... and then found out i'd rather have my 75ish hunter to finish off.. i'd be pissed :P

Blizz needs to make a group rate thing..

Also I don't like that battlenet thing.

I love battlenet but then again im playing sc2 :P not wow

Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:18 am
Profile YIM
Hib Visitor

Rynna wrote:
I'm making a face at you right now, Kehoe. An angry, pregnant and fat, "how is that even possible", "wtf is wrong with you", face.

i tried playing WoW a few times. everytime i could not make it through the 14 day free trial. I am big into playing with groups, and WoW is just a solo quest grind that bored the hell out of me

Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:24 am
BbB Officer

Okay,

Rynna: If you and Nalthien are up for Thunderlord horde, I have no issues transferring a toon over there to game with you guys. I would not have to faction change, just server transfer.

Also, if you what you say is true, in that Leonus has a guild already, then we would be pretty much set. What I fear though is that we will get caught up in their raiding etc. I just do not have time to go at it hardcore. So, I would have to approach this with the mindset of play small most of the time, and then big maybe for one night a week (ie, a big raid).

I would absolutely love gaming with you guys again. And, to be fair, I do not need a huge guild. Some people here would like that, but I'm cool with just rolling with you guys and pugging the rest, or maybe even trying to recruit people into our small band. Whatever we decide, though, I really am kind of set on doing it up in WoW, for now anyhow.

I liked Aion, but it really was just too much of the Asian grind. I can't do it. WoW, in my eyes, is a little more "tame" in that realm. I can set out on an objective and get there quite feasibly with the playtime I am given.

Anyhow, Rynna and Nalty, if you guys want to do Thunderlord, let me know what night of the week you plan on being on and we can do it, provided you are up for it. I don't now how it is on that battlegroup; however, the Stormscale battlegroup horde just blew chunks in pvp lol. The alliance on that battlegroup dominated. Things to consider in deciding where to go.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:38 am
Profile YIM
Forum Moderator

25$ for a transfer for realm and or server

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article. ... oryId=2317

Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:57 pm
Profile YIM
Forum Moderator

BTW the whole game is getting an overhaul soon..

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclys ... true#video

Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:23 pm
Profile YIM

Ellenthall, it's a pretty small guild. They only do casual 10 man raids twice a week. (This is my information.) They are not hardcore, and are not even a focused raiding guild- they do a lot more PVP. I wouldn't even suggest a big raiding guild for us. If that's what we want to do, I'll tell Leonus tonight, and I'll faction transfer my priest...

Narco- That's realm and account transfer. Meaning server (realm), and to move a character from one account to another. I'm not saying it's NOT $25 to faction transfer, but it's not listed on that page. :)

Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:57 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
BbB Officer

Rynna,

That's fine. I am cool with that then. I just want someone to game with. Do you guys want to go ahead with it? It sounds like we're all level 70 or so (except my rogue), but I have a 71 priest and a 70 mage that I can bring to the fight. So, you guys just let me know when/if you'd like to get online to do it. Preferably evenings.

I can do it tonight, wed, or friday evenings.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:56 pm
Profile YIM

What time zone are you in? I'm headed to bed tonight, but I can update and reactivate tomorrow when I get home. My general playing time is going to be around 6-11, on weeknights. Same for Nalty, though he might play a little later some days. We are Eastern.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:02 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
BbB Officer

I will move my toon (1 for now) over tonight, my 70 mage. Leveling to 80 will give me time to get the hang of him again, as well as get some of my tradeskills back in order. I will post his name when he's don xferring. Although, it should be Ellenthall.

I am in Mountain Standard Time, so 2 hrs behind you guys. I will primarily be, as I said, Mon/Wed/Fri and weekends (during the week I will be something like 6-7pm - midnight. So, we'll see each other for a few hrs, which is good stuff for a week night.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:12 pm
Profile YIM
BbB Officer

My toon is on Thunderlord Horde - Ellenthall 70 Mage

Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:59 am
Profile YIM

I will attempt the login process as soon as I get home- I may need to do some upgrading. I will see you in game tonight, sir!!
I'll fb msg you if it takes a while.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:38 am
Profile ICQ YIM
BbB Officer

You probably won't see me tonight. I will be on tomorrow evening, though. Tues/Thurs evenings are my big study nights of the week. But, yeah, get in game, get setup, etc. I guess contact Leonus and see if we can't get something setup where we are invited to a guild?

My mage is only like 3 bubs into 70. I went through the Borean Tundra side in Northrend. If you're on the Howling Fjord side, I can move over there as well. No matter to me. You said you're on your priest? Nalty, are you playing? Warrior? Narco? Sinjynn? I'm just trying to get an idea of what we have in case we maybe want to pull some 5-man stuff tomorrow, or simply just do some questing together.

I'm pretty excited, even if I get to just group up with only you Rynna (although, I'm sure Nalty will follow you =P). My hope is that we can get Sin and Narco's nub asses over here as well. Scrubs. haha.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:42 am
Profile YIM
Hib Visitor

Any BBBers have an account they do not play and wouldn't mind me resubbing so i don't need to start from scratch/ buy the game. The account will still be yours, it will just get better.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:30 pm
Hib Visitor

also if i were to start from scratch, what is needed?

Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:32 pm
Forum Moderator

Thinking about resubbing... I'm in the process of dlding the game client to see what I need to bring me upto speed.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:31 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next