Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
New WoW presence? 
Forum Admin

Post Re: New WoW presence?
Gonna resub; but I can't do it tonight.

I'm not sure if I'm going to do warrior or hunter; both are at 70 and have never seen northrend.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:47 pm
Profile WWW
Hib Visitor

well i'm out. Trying the free trial and i get
" Launcher requirers write permission to the C:\program files\world of warcraft trial\ directory to succesfully patch the game. Please enable write access to the directory using an administrator account"

Tried to right click and run as administrator and still get the error

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:49 pm

I will think about resubbing. I just don't like playing on PvP servers. Might be a bitch to level up if some high levels get a hair up their ass.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:54 pm
Profile YIM
BbB Officer

Kehoe wrote:
well i'm out. Trying the free trial and i get
" Launcher requirers write permission to the C:\program files\world of warcraft trial\ directory to succesfully patch the game. Please enable write access to the directory using an administrator account"

Tried to right click and run as administrator and still get the error

That's weird Kehoe. I downloaded the trial a while ago and it worked fine for me in Windows 7. Could just be where you installed it to? Also, you're going to want to not do the trial version, as it is very limited. You would need to get the full client to run someone else's account. Also, if you do start from scratch you'll want to get the original game (19.99), which would take you to 60. Then the Burning Crusade will take you from 60-70, and finally the WOTLK will take you from 70-80.

Nalthien, since we have Rynna as a healer, possibly Fuiri as a Paladin, I would say pick both up, no? Aren't they both the same level? You would be the only warrior (mine is 54) in our small band. I realize we will be joining Leonus, but hey, whynot play both? Or are they not on the same servers? Narco, what are you running? Mage? What was your toon again? Can't wait to see you guys online!

Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:36 pm
Profile YIM
BbB Officer

Fuiri wrote:
I will think about resubbing. I just don't like playing on PvP servers. Might be a bitch to level up if some high levels get a hair up their ass.

When did you become such a pussy? Hahahaha.

I love PvP servers. Game on sucka. =) Plus, aren't you a Pally? I mean, are you really complaining, haha?

Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:38 pm
Profile YIM
Hib Visitor

anyone know a good site to buy an account on?

Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:08 pm

Yes I have a Holy Paladin. But it doesn't mean that I am unkillable. Might take some time to kill me at times but it can be done.

I stopped liking PvP servers in WoW a long time ago. I left Stormscale because it would take hours to get raids started sometimes because of the asshole guilds blocking raid entrances. So I moved so that I could do the things that I wanted to without worry about that shit.

Also let me know what people plan to play. If Nalty is going to move his hunter then I will likely move my rogue since he is around level 70 and would fill a DPS role.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:10 pm
Profile YIM

you bastards and peer pressure.. I may have to do it now.... problem is.. my big guns are on farstriders server.. dont want to bring all of them over again and transfer them.. so ya'll think about what you want to play and I can bring over one of the 3 guys 80 rogue.. 75 hunter.. 73 warrior.

Brainstorm and let me know :)

Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:24 pm

Well there you go. Sin could be the tank. :twisted:

Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:48 pm
Profile YIM

I know when I played. my warrior was never a tank up until about 2 months before I left.. i was starting to learn to tank.. and I think he's specc'd as a tank.. and geared as a tank now.. barely.. and if that's what we need.. I can learn it. but it'll be a relearning curve for sure.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:54 pm

I love you Sin, but I'd much rather have your rogue or your hunter if I'm healing. Nalty gets to bring the tank, and can complain all he wants. :P

Aurynna - Night Elf Holy Priest (Retired) WoW-Thunderlord
Aurynna - Tiny Level Asmodian Cleric (Retired) Aion-Lumiel
Aurynna- Level 26 Cleric (and growing!) Rift-Faeblight

Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:09 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
BbB Officer

I honestly would rather people played what they will have the most fun with. Getting burned out on a class you won't have fun with is not the goal here. That said, Sin, if you think you'll have fun with the DPS, I say bring him. Finding a decent tank (pugging) will be easy, and most tanks are usually pretty good for 5 mans anyhow. Also, on that note, we're going to be joining a guild that will prob have a tank, but if you want to do some raiding, I am quite certain that most guilds will tell you that they can always use more tanks (offtanks, etc). And, with the new Dual Spec (which costs a bit of gold), you can have two specs essentially, and then just flop between each one when the time suits you. I would look into it if you're going to bring your Warrior. Moreover, Rogues are usually in short supply, I found, when looking at a few high end raiding guilds on Stormscale (being that I play one... or was going to before this). I don't know how it is on Thunderlord, but I would guess it might be similar. All things to consider.

Anyhow, I'm stoked. I will definitely be on tomorrow evening.

Rynna, what is the guild name of the people we are going to join? What is Leonus's toon's name? Rynna, also, do you guys think you could find the time to possibly make a list, or sticky somewhere with our toons and who is playing what, etc. Just so we can keep track? It's not a necessity, but I can see how it might be useful if someone really doesn't care what they play and just wants to make things fit (although, like I said, would rather that people just played to have fun).

/cheers though bbb! :) Gonna be good to see you scrubs in game again haha.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:36 pm
Profile YIM
Forum Admin

I was "informed" by my wife this evening that I'll be playing my warrior. I have to faction transfer any toons; and I'm not paying to faction transfer more than one. If the warrior is what's needed, I'll transfer it. If I want a hunter I can honestly level one to 70 within about 2 weeks so I'm not all too worried about it.

Downloading the game client now; but I won't be playing any tonight.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:46 pm
Profile WWW
BbB Officer

Please, Nalty, just admit it. You got served. haha. Good to have you back bro =)

Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:14 pm
Profile YIM

Went ahead and brought the hunter over.. have to change his faction when i get home tonight.. im guessing troll since I love bows... Downside is hunter is higher level than i remembered.. he's 78. So i'll have to slow down and wait.. will let me get crafting time in I guess :)

Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:12 am
Forum Moderator

Started the 14 day trial just to get a lil play time in while I decide if I want to resub my mains...

Only problems being I don't have any expansions and my guys are like 60 and 50-something..
Might be too expensive and not worth he time...

Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:52 am
Profile YIM
BbB Officer

My vote is for Narco to stop being a scrub and just do it =) You'll get 10 levels fast. And, honestly, it's not like I can't come help you level either.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:57 pm
Profile YIM
BbB Officer

I will be on at 6pm MST (8pm EST).

See you all on there. Like I said, my toon's name is Ellenthall. Everyone trying to stick with your usual names, or? I think we're all pretty unique in our names. Shouldn't be an issue. Post up if you have a diff name.

Also, Rynna, is Leonus going to be on tonight to invite, or someone from his guild?

Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:41 pm
Profile YIM
BbB Officer

Also, we should try to get up on vent too. =) It'll be good to chit chat with you guys again.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:03 pm
Profile YIM
BbB Member

God your making me wanna see if i can scrounge up the moneys to play too. Even though i don't care for wow playing with friends is better then not liking the game for me. But I would have to start a new toon on the server unless I already have 1. I don't care to spend $25 dollars to move a level 30 something with how fast I hear you level now.

edit--- Also if i have the wrath of the litch king is that the newest expansion till cata?

Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:49 pm
Profile YIM
BbB Member

Powin wrote:
God your making me wanna see if i can scrounge up the moneys to play too. Even though i don't care for wow playing with friends is better then not liking the game for me. But I would have to start a new toon on the server unless I already have 1. I don't care to spend $25 dollars to move a level 30 something with how fast I hear you level now.

edit--- Also if i have the wrath of the litch king is that the newest expansion till cata?

Oh and what server /side are you guys on I've seen a couple different idea's but no static this is where we are. I think you guys our on thunderlord but alliance or horde?

Edit--- LOL my lvl 39 is on thunderlord alliance.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:40 pm
Profile YIM

thunderlord horde :) and yes WotLK is latest expac

Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:15 pm
BbB Officer

Had to go out and get a new mobo tonight. Sorry Rynna and whoever else came on. It was fun for the first 5 mins haha. I will be on Friday for sure to beatdown some shit in Northrend.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:02 pm
Profile YIM
BbB Member

Sinjynn wrote:
thunderlord horde :) and yes WotLK is latest expac

That sucks :( Cause I don't want to pay for a transfer or delete my toon sigh.... Oh well I might not be able to resub anyways. But if there isn't a vent you guys can use the 1 I ran outa my house. However it only hosts 8 due to it being free and me not wanting to mess with it for more.:(

Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:05 pm
Profile YIM

OK, I caved in an resubbed to the game. BUT upon logging into the game I found that all my shit was gone and several of my toons had been deleted. Now I got a couple of the toons restored by they are still naked. So I am in a little bit of a dilemma and here are some of my options.

1. The rouge only has a few pieces of gear that could not be sold put is naked for the most part. He is currently level 66.

2. The hunter only has 1 piece of gear and he is level 70.

3. I have a DK that has all of his gear. Since it was quested gear he couldn't do anything with it. The problem here is that he is only around level 60. I can catch up 10 levels fairly easy if I sit down and play a little.

4. The paladin has most of his gear in tact. Except for a weapon and a shield at this point. The gear is also kind of mix matched from what I had before but is still usable I think.

5. I have a gnome warlock that was not touched. He has all of his gear and money. He is currently level 70 but the problem here is that not only would I have to transfer him but I would have to do a faction change on him as well.

So there are my options. Top choice for me is the rogue. I would need some help from the guild you guys are looking to join to help me get / make some gear for this guy. Won't really need anything fancy just stuff to tide me over while leveling and questing. Second option would be the DK. He has all of his gear and I should be able to make some money while catching up to you guys. Third option is the paladin. I know some will say this should be my first option since he still has some gear. But I spent several years hardcore raid healing and healing for 5 man heroics. Not sure I want to jump right back in to healing right now. Plus if Heather is healing and can handle the job then we are good to go. I could solo heal most 5 man heroics with the paladin so a priest should be just as capable.

Let me know what you guys think. And if that guild would be willing to help out a little. Don't want to seem as though I am looking for any kind of a hand out but I don't have a lot of options at this point.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:08 am
Profile YIM

Ellen, its ok. I came on and it looks like i made it there maybe 5 min after you crashed out.. played for about 30 min and the battlegroup crashed.. so there there were alot of servers down the rest of the night. You didnt miss much action.

Fuiri, I brought my 80 rogue over for fun times but brought my hunter over to level with the crew. My rogue though is a leatherworker and if I remember right, had some decent recipes. Could make you a few pieces of armor but prolly the best thing would be to get into some lower instances first.

Our little crew should farm the hell outta Karazan to help catch ya'll up gear and some xp wise.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:10 am

That would be cool Sin. I made a character on Thunderlord and ran them to the AH to check it out. Some decent 60's armor and weapons on there for cheap. So getting him some gear should be easy enough. It would be hard to do any instances with him as he has pretty much nothing at this time. He has 1 weapon and like 3 pieces of gear. I wouldn't be of much use to a group unless it was higher levels just pulling me through with the chance of getting something

Our current 5 man setup looks like warrior, priest, hunter, and mage? Is that correct? The rogue would give us some more good DPS and some more CC with sap. But I was starting to wonder if the DK would be of more use long term. The DK can put out good DPS but later on he could also do some off tanking. And there is the point that he has all of his gear right now. Going to do a little messing around while I decide which character I want to move.

Also Sin farming Kara to get some gear will mean having a team that can 5 man it and then just drag us along for the lewt. Unless that place has just changed a lot. While that might be good in the beginning that gear starts to get outdated by the mid 70's by quest and even 5 man gear.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:17 am
Profile YIM
BbB Officer

Yeah, Sin, I came back later on in the evening and gamed with Leonus for about 30 mins, got half way up my bar into 70. And, yes, Fuiri, I am playing my mage.

As for Kara, I'm certain we will get better exp from the Northrend dungeons if we can all go there and do 5 mans. They take some skill, especially on heroic; however, I am not opposed to doing Kara. I think that doing Northrend will yield us better items, as well as exp.

Our setup looks pretty good right now, I will say. The guild Rynna got us into was pretty helpful and said that they have alts they may like to level with us, so running us through dungeons, or playing with their alts to fill in gaps is always an option as well. They mainly do 10 man raids, so they are by no means a big guild.

My computer is fixed now, however. I installed a new motherboard and it was indeed the problem. I'm just pissed I had to do it. This is pretty much a brand new computer and had already been sent back once for repair. I will tell them it's the mobo though and send them back the old one, get a new one, and return this one (although this ASUS board I got kicks a lot of ass).

Anyhow, I will see you guys Friday. Gonna be good times.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:56 am
Profile YIM
Forum Moderator

Well I have a 60 Rogue and a 55 Mage.. I dunno which to bring. I'd like both but I guess I also need
to upgrade to burning crusades and then to lich king...???

Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:15 pm
Profile YIM

Yes sir Narco.. both expacs if ya wanna hit the 70 cap first.. and the 80 cap after.. then 85 when Cataclysm comes out.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next