Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Class Balancing: It's our fault too! 
Forum Admin

One of the posts from the VN that I wanted to share :

http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?top ... &replies=0

Quote:
While I don't agree with all of his points, I do agree with the original poster's basic premise, that Mythic has painted itself into a corner of giving free candy to children. The sad thing is that now Mythic is out of candy. The Zerk/SB + Shammy End combo just got nerfed. Nearsight just got nerfed. Mana chanter heat debuff just got nerfed. Mythic is slowly and steadily taking it's candy back. We still have the rest of this patch, the RvR expansion, and whatever changes ToA will bring. It looks like Mythic has realized, almost too late, that the players might know how to make a good class, but they rarely put those decisions in the context of overall game balance.

There are a few things that Mythic is beginning to decide that you just can't do no matter how much you want to. Light tanks cannot kill before they have a risk of being killed "NERF." No class should be able to easily debuff it's own nuke damage "NERF." Ranged damage is difficult to balance, but bolters and archers should be having fun too "Un-NERF" (or at least they're trying).

Mythic has listened to whiners to learn what's wrong with their game for too long, and I'm happy that they're finally taking it back. Now they can focus on making a good product, instead of placating a bunch of cry-babies. Like I said, we still have 1.62, Foundatioins, RvR X-pac, and ToA before the year is up so be ready for some changes and hang on tight. I have a feeling it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Tue May 06, 2003 1:46 pm
Forum Admin

For some of the new people that just entered the guild,,, FYI :wink:

Thu May 22, 2003 5:22 pm
Forum Admin

/bump again…. because I can and think this is one of the best posts about Mythic 8)

Also I am including it again in my latest /rant to them today :twisted:

Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:01 pm

Since I'm new around here (but in no way new to the game), I just wanted to stress this point...

Quote:
9. Realm Abilities killed all hope of every having balanced RvR. I pose an example: a group of people fairly new to RvR, say 2L6's head out. They have some experience at it. And they run into a group full of 6L6's. They are immediately outmatched, even if they are superior skilled players who know their characters better, and every person in both groups is level 50, the group of 6L6's will defeat them because of their RA's. But if they're all lvl 50, they should be on fairly even footing. Unfortunately, this is not the case

This was true when it was posted back in 2003, and it's true now. Two nights in a row, my lvl 50 ranger was out soloing (which I've done before with a 50 ranger waaaaaay back before RA's were implemented). I didn't stand a chance.

I personally think that RA's were a good idea (those with more experience will be the better fighters... just like in real life), but one lvl 50 should NOT be that much more powerful than another lvl 50, unless it is the standard weapon vs. armor balance (slash vs. cloth, etc.).

Perhaps in Mythic took the idea that they have with RA's, Artifacts, Spellcrafting, etc... and just kinda toned down the percentages a bit? I don't know.

I do have to admit though, that after my 2 1/2 year long hiatus from the game, I've come back and seen so many things that I loved and missed about the game, but, I also see a lot of things that I don't like... mainly that the whole goal is to hit 50 and go RvR, but once you finally hit 50, unless you have a zerg, you're not gonna last more than a few seconds at a time out there.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:24 am
Profile YIM WWW
BbB Officer

The goal is now to hit 50, hit ML 10, spellcraft your armor, do your CL quest, and don't go into New Frontiers until you're RR 5.

I'll group with you, sweetie.

But we won't kill much.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:32 pm

if you take a RR6 tanks and go up agains a RR1 tank..

who should win.. should it be even ? the anwser to this is NO .. teh rr6 should wipe the floor with him ..

take a seasoned warrior from long ago and put him up against a warrior that jsut came out of training.

the seasoned warrior knows tricks ( RA's) that he has learned on teh battle field from all the conflicts he as been and and survivied.

i do agree that some of the RA's are a little much .. but RA's as a whole are not bad.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:28 am
BbB Member

It is funny how most of the concerns back in 2003, are still true.

Kill them all, Let God sort them out.

Camelot Monkey Character Report:
http://camelotmonkey.com/s.php?u=lighttemp

Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:55 pm
Profile ICQ
Forum Admin

Post Re: Class Balancing: It's our fault too!
/bump

Because I can :twisted:

Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:06 pm
Forum Admin

I read this last night when you linked to it in another thread; I had honestly forgotten writing it. :P

Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:18 pm
Profile WWW
BbB Officer

OMG, I WAS LAUGHING MY ASS OFF READING THAT!!!! LMAO

How old was I?? Man... I couldn't even follow my own sentences :/ Was I like that all the time? Jesus. Why did you guys ever keep me around? That shit must've been entertaining lol.

Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:14 pm
Profile YIM

There is a line you have to draw when it comes to listening to what the customer wants, and giving away the farm to please every single person.

Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2