Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Battlemaster Master Level Information 
Champion Of Love

Post Battlemaster Master Level Information
Went the battlemaster route myself, thinking that it looked like it has the least amout of timmers and active abilities.

ML1 - Sapping Strike

Any Weapon
High Damange
High Bonus to hit
High Endurance
Med penality to defence

- This style procs an AOE 360 radius (pretty good range from testing) end drain. This style drains 25% of the end of everyone in the range! Pretty cool, it usues 30-50% of your end per usage. (Yes more than slam style) End useage is based upon your weapons attack speed.

- This style also breaks mez, so keep that in mind when mez is important do not use this style.

- This style animation has you lean in with your hands and kind of grab at your target.

ML2 - Faultfinder

Any Weapon
High Damange
High Endurance
High Bonus to Hit
Medium Bonus to Defence

- This style uses about 95% of your endurance, and does massive amount of damange to doors. Around 300+ damange, more testing with different weapons and speeds in the future as rvr allows. Keep in mind your end goes up faster with a bard than a ram takes to reload, so this effectively makes you into a free fast ram.

- The animation for this style is kinda funny, its about 3 or 4 styles all strung out together, you first do a victory cheer then swing then slam then jump up in the air and come down with a double over head chop style. You can perform this style in a duel, it will fail to perform but the animation will still happen.

ML3 - Power Leak

Any Weapon
High Damange
High Bonus to hit
High Endurance
Med penality to defence

- This style procs an AOE 360 radius (pretty good range from testing) power drain. This style drains 14% of the power of everyone in the range! This style uses 50% of your endurance, and the power drain % varies slightly and can be resited.

- This style also breaks mez, so keep that in mind when mez is important do not use this style.

- This style animation has you lean in with your hands and kind of grab at your target. Blue swirls surround your target when you drain it.

ML4 - Grapple

Short range single target effect that stops both the user and the target from being able to move or attack.

- This ability is on a 13 second timmer, uses no power or end, and is an instant. There is no imunity timmer for it either, so you can spam this ability. The ony catch is you can only grapple one person at a time and once it wears off you can recast it.

- You can not attack, and the graple spell it self intrupts targets but you can still cast while rooted by graple, so after you graple you can still DD and debuff. Makes it so a champ can kill any melee in a duel with out getting hit hahaha.

ML5 - Essence Flames

Any Weapon
High Damange
High Bonus to hit
High Endurance

- This style uses 30% endurance. (varies on weapon speed)

- This style procs an melee proc to realm mates that gives all realm mates around you the chance to do essence damange during a melee attack. This style has also proced while using it and did a double hit for me but only some times.

- The Delv information on the proc that realm mates get is "Buff that gives the subject a change to gain bonus essence damange when attacking in melee combat"

- This style animation as you stab in your blade and pullit back and up then looks like you whipe it off on your left sleave (with 1h). Pretty neat looking.

ML6 - Throw Weapon

Any Weapon
High Damange
High Bonus to hit
High Endurance

- 700 range with no light of sight needed, only need to be targeted. Can be parried and blocked, and causes you to fumble 4 times after each throw.

- damange only 66 damange with a 4.1 speed MP blade, the VW's 6.0 speed blade was 155-200 ish damange.

- This style uses 31% endurace at 4.1 speed and 50% endurance for a 6.0 speed weapon (VW with a scythe), so the equation for end usage is easy to see, its 0% usage at 1.0 speed and 1% for each 0.1 for weapon speed.

- This stye looks like a normal weapon swing and has no special animation to it at all.

* Not a style that will fing itself to my bar.

ML7 - Essence Sear

Any Weapon
High Damange
High Bonus to hit
High Endurance
Opening Essence Flame

- This style uses 30% endurance. (Varies on weapon speed)

- This style procs an essence debuff on enemies around you. From testing in in PVE only seems to add about 50 damange to your essence flame proc.

- This stype is a combo attack after essence flame, you must succefully land essence flame and follow up with essence sear.

- This style animation is much like sapping strike but procs something that looks like void bolt on the target.

ML8 - Bodyguard

(I use the word 'guardian' for the one guarding, 'guardee' for the one being guarded)

- BG does not work against nukes/ranged attacks.

- The guardee has to stand absolutely still. The smallest strafe or step breaks BG. And it seems to take at least 1 second to reactivate it after you stand still (more testing required).

- The guardian can move within a small range. The guardee can't...or rather shouldn't.

- Both the guardian and the guardee can attack.

- When BG fails it's often not the guardian or the skill itself, it's the guardee. People are not used to stand still while under attack: "Aaaghh, assist train on me! let's stand still!". So they either run of try to find an average between running and standing still....ending up dead both times.

- You can switch BG targets in combat but the activation period seems to vary a lot. You will get the message "you are now body guarding x" but your guardee will still get melee hits the first period. It seems like the server checks every x seconds if one is bodyguarded.

Last edited by Mandrick on Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:57 am, edited 7 times in total.

Mon Nov 03, 2003 4:06 pm
Forum Admin

TY Mandy, was thinking of getting this for a Ranger.

Mon Nov 03, 2003 4:11 pm

That would make an AWESOME get-away style :P Smack it twice, you still have 20% of your end to a) kick some ass or b) run away. Especially if you were a melee-specced ranger. :twisted:

Mon Nov 03, 2003 4:23 pm
BbB God

- This style procs an AOE 300 radius (pretty good range from testing) end drain. This style drains 50% of the end of everyone in the range! Pretty cool, it usues 40% of your end per usage. (Yes more than slam style)

I dunno if that's a good thing or a bad thing to be honest. 40% end usage is fucking insane IMO. I'm lucky to have 40% of my end in RvR as it is anyways.

This style is mostly going to hurt us vs Mids/Albs since their End regen is uninteruptible. Hibs using this style while our end regen is OFF would be bad IMO.

Also, does it delv and say 300 radius? I have heard some ppl saying AOE and others saying NO AOE.

Mon Nov 03, 2003 4:44 pm
Champion Of Love

It does not delv what the proc does for the style, the radius I checked by having a druid and his pet duel me he stood all around and in different locations while I would attack the pet to see the range and radius.

Turns out this is overpowered in the hands of FAST WEAPONS. I was getting a 40% end drain becuase the speed on my sword is 4.1. Supposely the end usage scales per the speed of the weapon. a 2.1 speed weapon only uses 20% of your end, and still drains everyone in a 300 radius of 50% end. Also using the style in pve, I have seen the graphic effect hit over 20 mobs in the antron room. Its a yellow/orange swirl around the targets effected.

Mon Nov 03, 2003 4:52 pm
BbB God

That's gonna kill us since Infs get that ability also, don't they!? Wow

Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:00 pm
BbB Member

Classes that get Battlemaster:

Armsman
Friar
Infiltrator
Mercenary
Paladin
Reaver
Scout

Blademaster
Champion
Hero
Ranger
Valewalker
Warden

Thane
Warrior
Shadowblade
Hunter
Berserker
Savage

Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:43 pm
Profile ICQ

Looks like a wee nerf on that thing tomorrow . . .

From the Herald Patch Notes for Tomorrow:

- Fixed a bug where the Battlemaster 1 ability Sapping Strike was using old values. The correct values have a higher endurance cost for the user and inflict a lower endurance penalty on enemy targets within range

Now appearing as:
Etyth - 60 Mage on Bronzebeard (WoW)
Mirire - 35ish Rogue on Bronzebeard (WoW)
Aeealla - 36ish Druid on Bronzebeard (WoW)
Paragon Guild

Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:45 pm
BbB Member

Rumor is Wardens use a lot less than the 40% due to our self end reduction :)

Currently enjoying life without MMOs

Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:41 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
BbB Officer

will actually be really powerful in their hands.

wonder how much infs will cry about this :wink:

Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:44 pm

ROFL - Nerf Wardens? Oh yea - cuz the UBER damage table we're set up on will make this a fearsome tool in our hands :p

Now appearing as:
Etyth - 60 Mage on Bronzebeard (WoW)
Mirire - 35ish Rogue on Bronzebeard (WoW)
Aeealla - 36ish Druid on Bronzebeard (WoW)
Paragon Guild

Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:59 pm
BbB Member

yah and espeically nerf the wardens that went Perfecter like me... heh

NASA Space Photos for the Wows
My Personal C# .NET Developer Blog

Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:46 am
Profile YIM WWW
Champion Of Love

Paladins would be the biggest tank terror from this with there end regen, I will test out the values tonight see what the changes are. I am guessing this probally only effected the fast attacking wepeaons, other wise its a pointless style to use if it gives you target more end than yourself.

Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:17 pm
Champion Of Love

Updated this post with the new master level 2 ability.

Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:30 am
Forum Moderator

Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:04 am
Profile YIM
BbB Member

So mandrick when we going to work on ML3? =P

NASA Space Photos for the Wows
My Personal C# .NET Developer Blog

Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:50 pm
Profile YIM WWW
BbB Officer

is there some place you can find out what each path offers at each level? like, is there some where to find out what you're getting into when you choose a path?

Clo (hero), Closetshadows (bain), Clouded (eld), Rup (ment), Sunnyday (bard), Cloella (bot)
LGM tailor
LGM alchemist
LGM spellcrafter

"I have always been a blunt person but I do try to be tactful about it." -- Twizzlestix

Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:43 pm
Profile YIM
BbB Member

Apart from http://www.camelotherald.com/masterlevels/ which appears to be broken since the Herald facelift, & the parts that are working are unreadable black text on black background

As far as i can ascertain, none of the ML abilities were tested in RvR. Most ML quests were tested though, but a) they aren't behaving in live the same as they did in test & b) Mythic has a "hands off" approach to ToA, ie you'll find out. The only way to know what you will get out of a line is when they are completed, & so far nobody has gone past 3.5 . . .

ed: Herald facelift still in progress. some features/pages still under review...

Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:01 pm
Profile ICQ
BbB Officer

Clo you can check here http://www.bbbguild.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3784 Thats not an official list but has been fairly accurate so far. But until people actually get the steps done won't have an official list.

Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:56 am
Champion Of Love

Upated this list up to the ml5 ability now.

Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:40 am
BbB Officer

that ML4 is nuts. Bet it won't be long before that gets nerfed

Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:35 am
BbB Member

yeah... shades are going to be useless in keep raids (grapple=death) ... hybrids with it are plenty uber... wonder if a ranger can still shoot arrows... :P

Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:33 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Forum Moderator

even if you could do nothing whatsoever grapple will be overpowered..

A caster could kill anyone grappled VERY easily..

Or grappling someone within a harmful field.. heck even just grappling them in
the path of some roaming guards or in an aggro area could kill them..

Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:15 pm
Profile YIM
Champion Of Love

There is a large call out to nerf this ability already, this will be the second ability nerfed in the battlemaster line if it happens. I am sorry but people need to wait and let these things be tested and see how they work in actually rvr, every one has a theory about how it can and should work but they are not nessary how it is.

I personal do not see it has being overpowered, all three realms have access and if anything it gives thanes a slight advantage. I can see that it can change and add some new style groups to rvr.

Imagine a new type of gank group, one with battlemasters and casters, the battlemastes graple the tanks while the casters assist and take them down 1 at a time. /shrug could work would bring some life back to the casters.

I just feel people need to wait and see if its overpowered before they start nerfing casue frankly no one has any real idea untill its been tested in rvr for awhile, and not early on when only 1 or 2 people have the ability as it is now.

Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:45 pm
Forum Moderator

does purge work on it? and if so do you get an immunity from it?

If not then it will be overpowered.. No matter what you say..
If something does not have a counter then it is overpowered..

I like it.. but I like to be fair too..

Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:10 pm
Profile YIM
Champion Of Love

no imunity, not tested if it can be purged or not but it can be recast if it was purged 13 seconds later, it is a double edge sword though it graples you and your target, its kinda like a sarfice move remove yourself from play and some one else for 10 seconds.

Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:02 pm
Forum Moderator

Whats to stop 15 dudes from beating your ass down when the dude you're grappling yells "I'm grappled! Kick his Ass!" ???

I've been thinking of this ability all day long.. I think it might be VERY powerfull in some situations and Really suck in others.. Either way it;'s not a very balanced Ability in my opinion.. Maybe its not overpowered but I'm willing to bet you will see it taken advantage of VERY well By supreme gank squads and then it will get nerfed..

anyway it will be fun to see it in action.

Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:11 pm
Profile YIM
BbB Member

not purgeable... it sucks for shades... remember infs have it shades don't... inf 1 grapples inf 2 beats the shade down for free...

Tue Dec 23, 2003 3:34 am
Profile ICQ WWW
BbB Officer

That is really gonna suck for ganking in df. Gotta stay away from attacking anyone with grapple cause they can just sit there and hold you there all day till they can get help to kill you. Gonna have to start remembering who has it ;/

Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:52 am
Forum Moderator

Yeah so it looks like the zergers get a good ability..

Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:05 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next