Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Battlemaster Master Level Information 
Champion Of Love

Updated with ML6 ability i got last night.

Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:35 pm
BbB Member

btw... the other line banelord... isn't that popular but i fought a group with it once... a bards heal took 6s to cast... my druid's spreadheal took so long to cast i thought something was bugged :P... thats the 1st banelord ability ;)

Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:27 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Champion Of Love

yeah which is on the same timmer as all there other abilities and highly resited and once every 5 min.

Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:10 pm
BbB Member

heh highly resisted? i dunno none of us resisted it... the timer is true... same with the warlord stuff... all the same timer (changed one tho)... highly resisted is true vs mobs tho... my ml3 warlord shout did stick on colossus tho... so i soloed him :P

Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:35 am
Profile ICQ WWW
BbB Member

Sounds like an awesome Warden ability. Since we can't do hella damage anyway, we can grapple, and heal while the tanks assist US ;) :P

Currently enjoying life without MMOs

Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:14 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Champion Of Love

i agree with you Zahra graple is great for healing wardens and lifetaping valewalkers.

boad:
yeah its reisted a lot, I resitsed it a lot in duels testing it to see if it effects champions, it does not effect instant cast spells as it turns out but still restisted it probally close to half the time.

Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:02 am
Champion Of Love

ml8 soon

Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:39 pm

After 2 nights of RvR using bodyguard these are my experiences:
(I use the word 'guardian' for the one guarding, 'guardee' for the one being guarded)
- BG does not work against nukes/ranged attacks (but we all knew this);
- The guardee has to stand absolutely still. The smallest strafe or step breaks BG. And it seems to take at least 1 second to reactivate it after you stand still (more testing required);
- The guardian can move within a small range. The guardee can't...or rather shouldn't.
- Both the guardian and the guardee can attack.
- When BG fails it's often not the guardian or the skill itself, it's the guardee. People are not used to stand still while under attack: "Aaaghh, assist train on me! let's stand still!". So they either run of try to find an average between running and standing still....ending up dead both times.
- You can switch BG targets in combat but the activation period seems to vary a lot. You will get the message "you are now body guarding x" but your guardee will still get melee hits the first period. It seems like the server checks every x seconds if one is bodyguarded.
- Once the guardee knows it's roll it's just awesome. I've peen bodyguarding Atabishi who just stood OOP after nuking everyone from the center of the battlefield and still didn't have a scratch. He could have sat down in the middle of the fight to med.
- A lot of enemies still don't understand you can't melee the Guardee. I've seen experienced players like Triea (RR9 pali) trying to beat my guardee the whole fight.
- Smart enemies know how to counter bodyguard: DD's, kill the guardian first and best of all: Forceful Zephyr (Sojourner ML8).

All in all one of the best MA's in the game IMO...until people bring more casters to the battlefield. The days of the melee assist train gank groups are over...that's for sure.[/u]

Advise: Don't spam grapple while bodyguarding. Murphy's Law says: The guardee will never move except when you just grappled someone :P

Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:59 am
Champion Of Love

I finally got out a little bit last night with my bodyguard and man I colud not for the life of me get my caster to stand still or stand near me. Was some great situations where there was like 5 alb tanks mezed together had all the time in the world to setup and arg I was sooo agervated.

I agree there is going to be a learning curve for someone being guardee, though I can see great potiinal for graple bodyguard combos cause that one smart tank that turns on you or the one tank that decides he better to run from the pbae.

I will add your tips and make a BG addition to the list

Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:47 am
BbB Officer

Lemme know the next time you go out Mand...I'll hop on Dam and try to stay still and nuke things into oblivion :D (<3 casting speed).

Hell, as a matter of fact, I hardly ever bother running when I see a tank coming, mainly because there's usually no less than 3 or 4 of them trying to kill me anyway. No sense in running...they'll stay on me until I'm dead.

"When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." - 1 Corinthians 13:11

Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:23 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Forum Moderator

Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:40 pm
Profile YIM
Champion Of Love

two people could always guard each other :wink:
but two people can not bodyguard each other, you could at first but it was hot fixed quickly.

But as shielder you can use both guard and bodyguard at the same time so if some one bodyguards you, you can guard the bodyguarder, or I could guard and bodyguard two different pbae or thrown them both on the same target so that if they do move or needs time for it to start I am at least guarding untill bodyboard kicks in.

Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:28 pm

Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2