Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
Zeik & Vanesse 
BbB War

Post Zeik & Vanesse
FYI

Quote:
_Zeik_
Date Posted: 7/28 3:51pm Subject: A little closure for everyone.
Yes, I was perma banned.

I actually had a post written out the first day I was banned to tell everone, and decided not to because I know how VN is most of the time and decided to not even bother, lol.
So I've been trolling the boards since then and have read many many many threads about Vanesse and I. I've used radar since approx RR7L5, give or take a few levels. At the time I was close to quitting the game because of all the other people using radar. Man the first couple days I ran around emain with that and could see how many other people were blatently using it I decided I didn't want to play at a disadvantage anymore. I could name plenty of names but it's not worth it....most of the people are still playing today.
I'm not really sure why I kept running it, I got the 1-day ban and got rid of it, only to be talked back into getting it again by my favorite duo partner ( 10 pts if you guess who it is!) I really think deep down I wanted to get banned, because I can't think of any other way I could make myself stop playing DAOC. I played way too much and it was affecting RL, espicially school.

I shouldn't have been a hypocrite about running it, because I was myself. I guess I was just sour that it was those people in the first place that convinced me to get it in after getting constantly radared.

So anyway, my apologies to the awesome people here on Tristan, it was really fun playing with....most of you

as for Captn, stop sending me PMs and stop obsessing about all of this. I really don't remember being hateful or "boasting about my RPs" to you. If you think I did it was probably because of the unprovoked PMs you kept sending me about how I wasn't going to make any RPs in NF, etc, etc. Not sure what I ever did to you really, but this post is also for you so you can have a little closure and get over it. Oh...when I said I wrote a hack for landing side styles, um..that was a joke bro. I strafed and pushed a button...

Vanesse and I are both perma banned, we were both running radar- that much is true. But as for Vapors and the other people talking about dmg/proc/speed hacks- etc. That's bogus I don't even know of any hacks that do that and I can assure you that radaring and macro crafting were the only hacks we were running. Not like I have any credibility, but that is the truth.

So flame on, I figured I'd do you all a favor so you can have one big nasty thread to do it all in instead of the 500 other threads there are about it

Peace out Tristan.

Peppere Ment - 50 Mentalist
Capulet Mayis - 29 Animist
Scalpele - 1100 Tailor
Escalus Mayis - 1039 SC

"I recommend you respec and get maturity III, and maybe whining IV to fair better in-game and on boards." - Blackbird

Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:14 am
BbB Member

ya used to group a lot with him... he was the best ranger i've ever seen play style wise... then he took a break. After the break he soon started grouping with vanesse. /shrug

IMO he was the best ranger player this server has ever seen and he didn't need the crutch but being a good player with an even bigger advantage could tempt ppl :(

Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:57 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
BbB Member

its sad .. I remember back in the day ...anyway .. yeah zeik was teh roxxor ../sniff ..

/salute to the memory ..

Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:41 pm
BbB Member

now i know why they have more kills then me ...
they cheat.. (btw doesnt think others are using it too is a good excuse)
Hope they are removed from herald soon

Aresgetmesome lvl42 Enchanter
Aresshield lvl24 Hero

Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:42 am
Someone told me about a year ago they hacked, I didnt believe it...I guess my source wasnt wrong..I have heard a few others and not surpised now..

Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:39 am
BbB Member

nah the problem is seeing that someone stealths from your own realm is very hard... for us it was obvious that jennyfer/mikaell (who got at least the 7 day ban) radar... zeik and vanesse you only heard mids/albs yell about.

Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:46 am
Profile ICQ WWW
BbB Officer

My money is on Stelmar now, I used to give him props, now I just think he is using something to give him an advantage :(

Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:29 am

Yeah I will put my money on Stelmar & a few others to. Just wish there was a way they could block radar programs. But someone is always going to find a way to make it work cause they have to have an advantage & always "Win".

Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:41 am
Profile YIM
Hib Visitor

The biggest shock to me was when i found out how old Stelmar is. I always seen him type on VNBoards and I always thought he's like one of those 14 year old punks (no offense to those that are :) ). Seems now that he's a married man, age 30+ with kid(s)

Stelmar gets my "biggest loser on Tristan" vote. Yeah and I wouldnt be suprised if a big baby like him would have used radar too.

Cheats are for losers...period. I played some great games that where ruïned by cheats/trainers. Novalogic's Delta Force series for exsample. Still think DF2 is best online game I ever played, untill the cheats kicked in that is :(

Zeik and Vanesse are nice kids (to talk too), but cheats non the less. After reading this post they lost all my respect. Same goes for everybody else that cheats.

You can say many bad things about Mythic (I for sure did :P), but I really like the way they handle cheaters. I hope they catch many more of those so called "uberskilled" players.

Go Mythic !!!! w000t :)

Brime Lvl 38 Thane

Hib Tristan: non-active atm
Hadesss Lvl 51 PierceMaster
Eagleeyes Lvl 50 Ranger
Soupastar Lvl 38 Arb VW

Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:27 am
Profile ICQ
BbB War

Not sure I agree about Stelmar, at least not yet. I spent two years basically camping AMG in old Emain, and battled Stelmar a ton. I can't say he ever did anything fishy in all that time. Now, maybe he got something since NF; last night he did hit me once in a way which seemed odd, but I can't say for sure it wasn't just Stealth Lore.

And you would be surprised how many people in the game, even in the guild, are an "old" 30+ 8)

Peppere Ment - 50 Mentalist
Capulet Mayis - 29 Animist
Scalpele - 1100 Tailor
Escalus Mayis - 1039 SC

"I recommend you respec and get maturity III, and maybe whining IV to fair better in-game and on boards." - Blackbird

Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:40 am
Hib Visitor

Nothing against "old" people playing computer games. What bothers me about Stelmar is the way he acts for his age.

Brime Lvl 38 Thane

Hib Tristan: non-active atm
Hadesss Lvl 51 PierceMaster
Eagleeyes Lvl 50 Ranger
Soupastar Lvl 38 Arb VW

Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:03 am
Profile ICQ
BbB Officer

Yeah Night, I don't think hr used anything prior to NF, but I definately <- LOOK AT ME THE ASSHOLE WHO CAN'T SPELL! think he does now. It may even be an MoS5 Bot for all I know... Which if that's the case it's not cheating, just using what he has access to. I may respec to MoS 5 for a day just to see how much you can see.

Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:19 am
yea, a friend of mine told me that he hacked a while ago among others..I guess he wasnt bullshitting me..

Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:47 am
BbB Member

yeah mythic has done some stupid things .. but banning cheaters is a good thing ..

and I wanna know what stelmar stealth spec is cuz he hit me 3 times from a loooooong way off ...i only have 47 stealth and stealth mastery 3 and camo .. but seeing me from that far is bs imo

unless of course he has 65 stealth and stealth mastery 5 .. :(

Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:47 am
Hib Visitor

Old players? Hmmm. Mooty = 38 with three daughters -- one's a high school senior this year. :)

Well, I make games for a living, so I play a lot of them.

Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:27 am
BbB Member

Old players? Hmmm. Mooty = 38 with three daughters -- one's a high school senior this year. :)

is she hot? post pics plz.

:wink: :D

http://darkphetus.rayd.org

Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:33 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Hib Visitor

Mooty wrote:

Kids. :roll:

Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:52 am
BbB Member

darkphetus wrote:
Mooty wrote:

Kids. :roll:

so? i'm only 23, that's fair game. :D

http://darkphetus.rayd.org

Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:04 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Forum Moderator

yeah mythic has done some stupid things .. but banning cheaters is a good thing ..

and I wanna know what stelmar stealth spec is cuz he hit me 3 times from a loooooong way off ...i only have 47 stealth and stealth mastery 3 and camo .. but seeing me from that far is bs imo

unless of course he has 65 stealth and stealth mastery 5 .. :(

Radar wouldn't allow him to target you so he must have seen you from however far away he was when he shot you. Radar programs just show you on a map where people are, they are not directly linked into the game mechanics.

Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:14 pm
Profile YIM
BbB Officer

Fucker tried to crit me outta stealth the other day, luckily, I saw him too :P

"When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." - 1 Corinthians 13:11

Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:07 pm
Profile ICQ YIM

Post Re: Zeik & Vanesse
Stelmar was OK guy, I'm 49 now, and I bet my vnboard history would make me look immature too :D

I was one of first people on Tristan to appeal vanesse for radaring because he was super obvious
although unskilled too...and SO many hibs defended him

zeik and his duo partner, I think name was deak, were less obvious and better players,
don't really remember if I was involved in his ban

Appealed few albs too, mostly sorcs who used to drive and blatantly use it

Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]