Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Forsaken World 

Post Forsaken World
Not sure how many of you may of heard of the game but I found this info and found it interesting. Seems like they have put some good work into the AI for the game. It won't just be a bunch of tank & spank encounters.

Mobs will not innocently wait for you to kill them. For example: When a player reaches Level 10 they will be able to access the "Kobold" camp. You will be free to explore, however when the player becomes to close to their treasure they will get aggressive and attack.

Another example is the "Storm Messenger", this monster is responsible for Storm Corps message center. Once he is attacked, the first thing the AI does is determine the players strength, after he compares his strength to the players, he calculates various ways to escape. Once, that is done he would summon monsters around the area and while the player is preoccupied with the monsters, he escapes.

In the "Lost Lighthouse" quest, monsters in the dungeon will try every means to obstruct the player pushing, poisoning, they even use guns. The player must face "BOSS Charles and Catherine" they are a pair of lovers, the player must also face both of them. During the course of the fight they will adapt to the players attacks, they even exchange tactics. Final "BOSS Lighthouse Pirate King Keane", of course is not stupid, he uses various means to weaken the players ability, when he thinks he can not stand, he calls for his young brother to help, and direct them to an organized attack on the player.

The game is pretty good. It has some WoW qualities but that is not always a bad thing. It is a heavy quest based leveling game which I actually like. The beta starts on Oct 27th. I got my invite already and looking forward to playing the NA version now.

http://fw.perfectworld.com/

Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:24 am
Profile YIM
Forum Moderator

Post Re: Forsaken World
got my invite as well.. plus I was sent two extra invite keys for friends. So if anyone wants in let me know!

Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:45 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]