Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes 
Forum Admin

Post Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes

https://wrathofheroes.warhammeronline.com/
Quote:
Welcome to the world of Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes where the war is fought on not one, not two, but three fronts. Group with friends or plunge recklessly into the fray with complete strangers. Enjoy fast paced mmo style combat within multiple thematic environments. Choose your Hero and put them to the test. Change your Heroes mid-match to ensure victory. Reap the benefits of conquest and recruit additional Heroes to your banner. Then prove your mettle by clawing your way to the top of the leaderboards.

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warhe ... ar?id=1613
Quote:
Today we announced a new product from Bioware Mythic that expands the Warhammer Online universe. Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes, opens up new opportunities for players to experience the rich lore and intense Player-Versus-Player action of the Warhammer Online IP within frenzied fun skirmishes.

Beta sign up at....

https://wrathofheroes.warhammeronline.com/signup

Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:44 pm
BbB Officer

Post Re: Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes
Huh? I really need to research this game. I know nothing about it or that it was even coming out. Your quote mentioned Bioware and Mythic?? Guess I can answer my own question when I look up the game and look up more information about it. I would love to see an updated version of DAoC's tri-realm pvp (true RvR) system...it's long overdue!!

Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:51 am

Well, Warhammer was 2 realm right? Are they just tossing in a random third realm now to go for the 3? That COULD be a huge revival for WAR.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:07 am

The game is just an arena based PvP game. There will no need to level up your hero or gear them. All the toons will come preloaded with gear. It's going to be a lot like Bloodline Champions if anyone has seen it. As for the third side for the battles it will be a team of one of the two current factions. Each team will just have a different icon over their heads to identify which team they are on.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:06 am
Profile YIM
Forum Admin

*yawn*

Looks like they're just gonna take the concept of arenas and make a game that's nothing but arenas.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:08 pm
Profile WWW

It might not be that bad. I thought Bloodline Champions would be boring but it's actually a lot of fun. Everyone has the same gear for each of the toons so winning is a matter of team work. It makes for interesting battles when the playing field is level.

Now if they make battleground type maps that you can enter and take objectives that would be awesome. That's what they should do. Add DAoC style frontier zones with keeps & towers. Let people make their toons so that everyone is even and let us go in and kick the shit out of each other.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:58 pm
Profile YIM
Forum Admin

Fuiri wrote:
It might not be that bad. I thought Bloodline Champions would be boring but it's actually a lot of fun. Everyone has the same gear for each of the toons so winning is a matter of team work. It makes for interesting battles when the playing field is level.

Now if they make battleground type maps that you can enter and take objectives that would be awesome. That's what they should do. Add DAoC style frontier zones with keeps & towers. Let people make their toons so that everyone is even and let us go in and kick the shit out of each other.

Sounds about like my understanding of Guild Wars.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:19 pm
Profile WWW

I just got into this beta today. I will check it out & let you guys know what I think. Might try to get some videos of the game to show it.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:16 am
Profile YIM

Here are some game play videos I found on youtube. They at least show what the game should be like. I read the most recent patch notes when I got the client installed today & they added 2 more classes that are not shown in either video from what I could tell. You can mix & match characters as you please on each team. And you can change characters at any point when you die.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA_3qt6xMG8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW9Y_sKQDQc

Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:58 am
Profile YIM
BbB Officer

Looks like it would be fun here and there. The battleground instances in WAR were pretty fun. This game seems like a console game for the pc, though.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:02 pm
Forum Admin

Blackbird wrote:
Looks like it would be fun here and there. The battleground instances in WAR were pretty fun. This game seems like a console game for the pc, though.

5 abilities? No customization? Sounds basically like a shooter with really dumbed down combat.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:25 pm
Profile WWW
BbB Officer

Yeah, I'd pass on this one unless you had a group of friends that wanted to play at the same time on given days. Plenty of other titles that fit this bill for this to be successful. Without the mmo side, there's nothing holding you to this game either.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:39 pm
Forum Admin

Blackbird wrote:
Yeah, I'd pass on this one unless you had a group of friends that wanted to play at the same time on given days.

/agree

Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:07 pm

I played for a couple of hours last night and I have to say it was actually fun. It was nice to be in a BG where everyone was even. No gear difference, no RR difference. The difference in all of the battle were determined by how well your teamed played together. And very few of the games I played were blowouts. Only downside was that there is only 1 map to play right now. But they said they are in the process of adding more.

As for the skills. The devs in chat last night were hinting at the fact that they may be adding more skills for each class. Then you can mix & match the 5 that you want to use. Also there is a leveling system in the game for playing in matches. When you level you get a point to spend on tactics just like WAR. That screen was grayed out so I don't know what the tactics actually were or what they do.

And I agree. The game would be a lot of fun with a premade group of friends.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:30 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]