Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
TSW 

Post TSW
The Secret World is shaping up to look pretty good. I had my doubts since FunCom was making it but recently they have released more videos that show more game play. Now I think the game is definitely worth checking out when it releases sometime next year.

In short TSW is a game that consist of 3 waring factions fighting for control over secret powers of the world. While the main world is going to be PvE and you can not openly attack members of the opposite faction. There are going to he war zones where you fight for control of different places. Some of the places that have been shown are ancient Mayan ruins and Stone Henge. Here are some of the videos they have put out over the last couple of months. I really liked the dungeon videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSH7GZGEnQk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFJTprVXHfQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZPS1SvmVHI&feature=related - Dungeon video part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YB2Vnyp89A&feature=related - Dungeon video part 2

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:30 am
Profile YIM
Forum Moderator

Post Re: TSW
I don't particularly care for the setting of the game but it looks pretty damn good so far.

I hope those characters were beefed up for the video however or the fights are not gonna
be very long or difficult at all.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:41 am
Profile YIM

Yea I wasn't to keen on it being in a modern day setting at first either. But after seeing what they have done with it I don't mind it so much. So far the visuals of the game look awesome.

The characters in the dungeon video are higher than what normal players would be for that dungeon from what I remember reading. In fact when he goes up to that power source (or whatever it was called in game) to change his skill set you could see that he had all the skills unlocked. So they were beefed up for the demonstration. The dungeons look fun from that video though. They stated there would not be a lot of trash in dungeon or raid settings unless it made sense. They were not just going to pack to the place full of mobs for no reason. And the fights were not going to be just tank & spank stuff. You will need to pay attention to what's going on and adjust to the settings. The dungeon also wasn't flat. They said dungeons were going to vast areas that would go vertical as well.

It's predicted to be out around March of next year. Kind of looking forwards to checking it out at some point.

Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:52 am
Profile YIM
Forum Moderator

It's definitely got my interest.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:44 am
Profile YIM

There are a few things that I am really liking about the game.

1. They are keeping PvE and PvP separate. While you are out questing or whatever you won't have to worry about someone from the other faction coming along to attack you. In fact in PvE they has stated that you will be able to group with members of the other faction at times to get things done. They PvP is going to be in the form of huge war fronts kind of like DAoC's battlegrounds. From what I can tell from reading what is out there about them they are going to be persistent areas. They are not going to be WoW/WAR battlegrounds that you queue for and have set group sizes.

2. I like the fact that we can earn all the skills in the game. We won't be forced into any certain roles. You can change any and all skills around at anytime if you are near the object/item that allows you to respec. Although I am sure that there will be certain skills that you have to take in order to progress farther along certain circles.

3. I love the fact that they added the ability to move while casting. It's one thing I always enjoyed in Vanguard and a few other games that have had this feature.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:17 pm
Profile YIM

The Secret World is set to be released sometime in April as long as there are no set backs. Open beta testing is also supposed to start sometime in February. Definitely still have my eye on this one. Hopefully the 3 sided PvP will be as good as they predict it to be. Being able to actually fight for control of areas is a feature that I hope works.

Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:15 am
Profile YIM
BbB Member

Been subscribed to their letter fo a long time, yes looks cool!
Anyone remember Frozen? (Alb Hibernia) Met her in AoC & had some fun reminiscing lol
Also met another guild leader i forget the name of the guild, but i was playing Kabod (an r18 fantasy game)
& recognized a name from daoc so partied with her & shes invited me to join her guild in Vindictus, so im off to try that next =)

Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:24 pm
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]