Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
GW2 

Post GW2
was Wondering if anyone had any interest in this game? just kinda want to see i know SWTOR is just a week out, just curious if anyone has looked into it and was interested

Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:11 am
BbB Officer

Post Re: GW2
I'll be playing SWTOR. However, if a game comes out during that time that is just like DAoC was in it's PvP aspects, I would gladly switch to the new game. SWTOR appears to be nothing but the same old stuff (with added story; stories always end.) If there's a company willing to target the audience that the DAoC RvR crowd would find appealing, then there's no question that that would be the game for me. I don't know much about GW2; mainly, I didn't see it to be a three-realm game with RvR as it's staple.

Otherwise, I just kinda roll with whatever the rest of the guild is playing at the moment. For now, it looks like it's SW:ToR. (I imagine plenty of us are just licking our lips for something like a "DAoC 2.")

Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:59 am

There are 2 games coming out next year that have a 3 sided RvR theme to them.

The first is The Secret World ( http://thesecretworld.com/ ) which is being made by FunCom. It's going to have warzones and other areas where the 3 sides have to fight for control of magical/mystical points of interest. It's also a skill based game. There are over 500 skills and you can eventually unlock all of them. Then you can mix and match your skills to your playstyle. They have also announced that PvE & PvP areas will be separate. So you don't have to worry about getting jumped by someone while out questing. They have even hinted that you can group with members of the opposite faction. Down in the entertainment section I posted some videos for Secret World. They can be found here viewtopic.php?f=40&t=18197

The second game is called Dominus ( http://www.dominusthegame.com/ ) which is being made by Pitch Black. It's a small company with a small budget. Sanya ( from DAoC ) is the community relations manager there and she has posted before that they are only expecting around 100k subs when the game is launched. And after that maybe only 250k or so subs. It's a sci-fi style game with 2 of the 3 races being alien. Not a lot of information has been released about RvR as of yet. So it could be PvP everywhere once you get to a certain area and beyond. Or they could have designated spots for the RvR to occur. It's a skill based game and it has been stated that the skill "level" cap is 1000.

There is one thing that worries me about this game though. There was a lengthy post that I was reading a few days ago that several developers posted in. And they said the game will be launched when they think it is ready. But it won't be as "polished" as most AAA games that come out. They stated that they just don't have the budget for a long beta testing process or the budget to hire a lot of QA people for internal testing. So it makes me think the game may be launched in a buggy and incomplete state because they run out of resources and have to start looking for a return on it.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:46 am
Profile YIM
Forum Moderator

yeah problem is both those games are sci-fi genre.. Secret world being post apocalyptic blah blah blah..

I'm a fantasy D&D RPGer.. My real world/sci-fy stuff is FPSers..

Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:49 am
Profile YIM
BbB War

I'm definitely going to play GW2. For one thing it doesn't have a monthly sub to it. You just buy the original game. It also will have three sided RVR except the three sides are three different servers that fight against each other in open world RVR areas and after a certain amount of time passes the devs will switch which three servers are fighting each other.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:56 am

So GW2 is a SvS situation, that is interesting to say the least. If it is not subbed then does that mean it is funded by micro transactions?

Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:04 am
Forum Moderator

Moved the thread under the right topic.
GW2 thread didn't need to be in the SWTOR section.

Continue...

:cheesy:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:09 am
Profile YIM
BbB Member

GW2 Prob the next game that I will be playing. I'm resisting SWTOR for now because, well, I'm not that interested in it but if it is getting glowing reviews here in a few months I may give it a shot. Either way hope to see some BBB in GW2.

Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:39 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]