Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Trying something 
BbB Officer

Post Trying something
I'm gonna try and make something a little different, although I'm sure someone has done it before.

Last time I tried this I ended up making shrimp stuffed chicken, worked out really well, although I don't really remember how I made it =P

Anyway, I'm gonna try bacon wrapped steak, going to broil it in a foil boat so to speak. Was just wondering if anyone had tried this before and if there were any pointers =P

thanks.

Warhammer Online:

Deam - Chosen
Deamion - DoK

Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:29 am
Forum Admin

If you're going to do bacon-wrapped steak, you need a high quality cut such as a NY strip or a Filet Mignon. Lower Quality cuts like the t-bone, rib-eye, and sirloin are not nearly as good for this purpose.

Given that, I would very much suggest a grill rather than a broiler. Doing steaks of that quality under a broiler is almost wasteful.

Make sure to wrap the steaks in the bacon at least 12 hours before they are to be prepared to let the flavors intermingle. If you're using a high quality cut of meat, don't marinade or season it AT ALL beyond a touch of salt & pepper. Fastest way to ruin a high quality cut of meat is to add seasonings or sauces.

Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:09 pm
Profile WWW
BbB Officer

I'm waiting for the obligatory "I got your high quality cut of meat right here" comment. :lol:

Beef + pork in one meal. Word.

"When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." - 1 Corinthians 13:11

Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:20 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]