Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
New MMO 
Hib Visitor

Post New MMO
Let's do this. MMO's people are playing right now. Old, New, who cares! I'm looking to do some dominating and need a new game to do so.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:38 am

Post Re: New MMO
I posted a couple of games in another thread. Anarchy Online and DAoC on the free shard Uthgard. Anarchy Online has a free version of the game or a $5 a month option (Shadow Lands) for more stuff to do. Shadow Lands covers about 75% of the game. And you gain access to the two newer classes the Keeper and the Shade.

The Uthgard server for DAoC is free and is a classic server. It has the old frontiers and no access to SI or TOA. They did keep some of the newer things like housing and the market. They also created their own set of zones that I have not even tried out yet. Not sure what levels you need to be to go there. It's population is probably as good as the live server since there are no bots allowed. I have logged in over the weekend and seen 700-900 players online.

I am up for about anything. But it might be easier to get people to play something that is either free or fairly cheap.There are not a lot of "good" free games out there right now though. The one that was good Allods they messed up with the cash shop. Runes of Magic is pretty good but fairly WoW'ish. Can't really think of any other free games at the moment.

Hell, I would be down with playing EQ1. I still pop in there from time to time. I have 3 accounts there so 2 people could be hooked up without having to buy the game. They would just have to play the monthly sub. And there is a server you start out at level 50 so you can start close to the end game stuff.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:15 pm
Profile YIM

ive tried too many comebacks to DAOC.. it's just not right anymore.
Tried EQ2.. didn't captivate me (but could change if there were a huge guild presence)
Currently playing Champions Online and it's holding my interest. Have one max level toon and leveling several alts now. Not the most expensive monthly either, they have a package that's 3months for $30.

Not sure what to do til Star Wars. But, PS3 games are coming out fast. A new CoD and that multiplayer Assassin's Creed Brotherhood... But if we can find something to get together on, it would be nice!

Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:04 pm
BbB Officer

Was listening to the WoW soundtrack the other day and I got all nostalgic. Anyone want to make a small-time BBB presence somewhere? We could start off small, leveling, getting tradeskills up and going and then eventually get into 5 mans, and possibly 10 mans together? I think it would be cool to get a nice core group going in WoW. It would definitely be cool heading into Cata. I would mainly be doing it for the PvE and guild cohesion again. I miss gaming for the guild... and while I get that it can be done in any game, I really have been longing for some good PvE to do. That, and I always loved a lot of WoW (minus the little kids), and I figure, if we got a tight-knit group of people together again we could make it pretty fun, for a while at least. When Cata comes out, then we can all experience a "new" game together, which would be fun to do.

Just a thought. Anyone interested? =)

Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:16 pm
Profile YIM

4 posts by Ellen? He must REALLY love WoW :P

I'd never say no to WoW if it were a decent showing, but i did try going back to it last January I think it was.. and it just wasn't the same either

Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:52 pm

I could do that. But I'm not starting a new toon, fuck that noise. I'd rather pay to move a toon to whatever server we pick.

Aurynna - Night Elf Holy Priest (Retired) WoW-Thunderlord
Aurynna - Tiny Level Asmodian Cleric (Retired) Aion-Lumiel
Aurynna- Level 26 Cleric (and growing!) Rift-Faeblight

Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:43 pm
Profile ICQ YIM

I tried going back to WoW earlier this year and I just could not get back in to it. And I have a Paladin with pretty good gear and could do a lot of the content. So while I may not turn it down but it would also be hard for me to say yes to it.

I have also been playing Champions Online again lately. And like Sin it's been holding my attention. The one downside to things is that group content doesn't really start until around level 25. But after that there are some things to do. Although it's still a pretty good game with the changes they have made. I also think that Anarchy Online would be a good choice and we could do the free version.

But I am up for whatever. So lets make some choices and get something going.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:08 pm
Profile YIM
Hib Visitor

i could never get into WoW. But i will look at the other stuff.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:56 am
BbB Officer

I was sitting there the other day posting that before I had to leave for a wedding party and the stupid internet kept getting stuck on "resolving host", so I was like screw it I will check it tomorrow. Obviously, the posts went through, LOL.

Anyhow, I resubbed my toons on Stormscale and I would be down for a few nights during the week for casual PvE gameage. I really miss the wide vast world of WoW. Really, what ended up ruining it for me was the elitist drive for epics, and then on top of that, the environment it created for the guild. I feel as long as we keep it simple, casual, and fun it would all be pretty cool in prep for Cata. I say this, because I think a lot of us may try Cata at some point and it would be nice to become refamiliar with the game and maybe get a tight knit group together. That said, I feel as Sinjynn does, in that, it isn't the same without the people who make the game good, your guildmates. That is why I posted it here. I think we could get some good fun going.

If you're interested we can start a new thread. I am kind of with Rynna in that I do not want to start new toons, but I mainly said that in case we got a large response from people who no longer had accounts, etc., but still wanted to play.

Anyone free tomorrow or today (Sunday) to possibly create a guild, etc? I will move toons as well to accomodate; however, I think most of us are on Stormscale. Also, if you're wanting to create a new toon, just say so and we can all chip in and help, maybe make guild events out of it to bring people up in ranks quicker when we're not doing stuff in 5 mans. Just random thoughts.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:24 am
Profile YIM

Still not to sure I would want to do the WoW thing. There is really only 1 thing to do in WoW and that's get to max level and raid. And if you don't want to do 25 or 10 man raids you are still stuck doing 5 man heroics. You have to grind heroics for gear/emblems and do the jousting daily's to get that faction gear as well. And PvP is just as rough if you don't have the gear for it.

Also most of us are spread out on different servers and factions. I moved my toons off Stormscale a long time ago. And honestly I won't go back to playing on a PvP server. But changing servers and even changing sides is an easy thing to do now days.

I'm also just looking for something to keep my busy for a couple of months. Call of Duty Black Ops & DC Universe both come out in November. So I will be checking both of those out when they are released.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:11 pm
Profile YIM
BbB Officer

It's okay Fuiri =) You don't have to join us. I understand a lot of people think in the super long term. You realize we would be a while before we got there right? That, and Cata will be around the corner soon. I'm mainly interested in just grouping with guildies and having fun. I could give a shit if we get stuff on "farm status". Yeah, getting new gear is fun, but I want this "new attempt" to be something a bit more special this time around. Really, what I want to do is start capturing the essence of guild grouping again. Nalthien said it best in another thread. It's all about the guild groups (I think he was referencing Aion a while ago). Just got my gears turning.

Anyhow, if you want in, that's cool, if not, whatever =) We can make a consensus in the other thread as to where to go.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:38 pm
Profile YIM

and on a side note Fuiri... shoot me a mail on CO if ya wanna get together.. dont really need teams for much there but sometimes its fun to step things up a level or two and go at it... handle is @Sinjynn

Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:00 pm
Forum Admin

This sounds kinda like what we were doing in Aion for what amounted to about 8 weeks. The thing that sucked was being so dependent on every person. If one person had something to do that afternoon, that meant the rest of the group wasn't going to do anything fun that night.

I love playing with BbB and I'm always interested in hanging out when we have a presence; however, I do have some doubt that we'll be able to (on our own) generate enough of a presence in any game as to not feel "restricted."

Edit: At least...any presence in any *current* game.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:33 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

unfortunately there is no current paying game that i'm interested in...

Some future games are showing promise and i'd be willing to play any free games with you all.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:59 pm
Profile YIM

Been playing League of Legends though it's not an MMO.

1 MMO I'm interested in is Firefall.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:27 pm
Forum Admin

Carew wrote:
Been playing League of Legends though it's not an MMO.

1 MMO I'm interested in is Firefall.

Haven't heard about that one; got a link?

Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:25 pm
Profile WWW

http://www.firefallthegame.com/

It's basically a squad-based Tribes + Planetside + Borderlands + Resource management game. Looks like it won't have a subscription fee (micro-transactions) and won't be a grindfest.

Seems like an interesting concept as I really liked Tribes and Planetside.

I would like to get get into a Fantasy MMO but haven't really seen anything on the horizon yet.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:14 pm

Here is a link for Firefall. It's roughly Borderlands as an MMO. It's a first person shooter where you level up and gear up your characters like you would a normal MMO. It looks pretty good. I like FPS games so I will keep an eye on it.

http://www.firefallthegame.com

Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:16 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]