Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
Real life sucks... 
BbB Member

Post Real life sucks...
Yeah it's been a pretty shitty month here for me. Had been feeling really sick and run down for a few weeks, so went to the doctor. She said I had Mono.. That was 3 Mondays back.. By that weekend I was even worse, having trouble breathing and wheezing bad. The wife made me go to the ER that night. First thing they did was draw blood, and found out that my White Blood cell count was over 50,000, which is WAY high. Norm is like 4-9k or something like that. Ended up being admitted that night. Sunday they went in and cut out one of the lymphnodes in my neck for a biopsy, and took a sample from my lungs. Came back that I have a staph infection in both lungs, and the icing on the cake was they diagnosed me with Leukemia.

We don't know much other than I have it at this point. They can't do any of the testing to find out how advanced it is until the staph infection is cleared up, which hopefully is soon... meanwhile I have been off work since the 24th of august and pretty much stuck in bed for the most part. Went to the doctor today, and she said I will be out for another 2-3 months if not longer, depending on how I take to the treatment once we get to that point.

I just thought I would update everyone, and ask for any prayers from whatever god or gods you may believe in. I will take all the help I can get from any of them at this point.

PS: Nalty, all I can say is THANK GOD for your company or I would have lost my damn mind by now.. There are so many cheesy ass SCI FI movies on there lol.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:51 pm
BbB Member

Post Re: Real life sucks...
Wow man, I am so sorry to hear that. Please know that you will be in my prayers tonight, as cheesy as that sounds.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:30 pm
BbB Member

Damn laun. Best wishes man. Ill be rooting for ya. Keep us updated if you can.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:23 pm
Profile YIM
Forum Admin

Laun, please keep us updated. My family will be thinking about you.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:18 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Forum Admin

Best Wishes and thanks for sharing.

Vyr

Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:19 pm
Forum Moderator

You'll be in my Prayers brother.

Love yah man.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:02 am
Profile YIM
BbB Member

My family in Texas is praying for you also now laun. :)

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:54 am
Profile YIM
Forum Admin

Shared your note about Netflix with the team here; you know have me, Heather, Lucas, and a few hundred others out here in Silicon Valley thinking about you, my friend.

Please keep us posted both here and on the FB group--we're all waiting to hear some good news.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:08 am
Profile WWW
BbB War

You have mine and Saowynn's prayers.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:07 am
BbB Member

get well Laun :-/

Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:39 pm
Profile ICQ
BbB Member

Thank you everyone for all the well wishes. Its been rough going, but its going at least.. Think the Staph is finally starting to clear up, however had a CT scan yesterday, and my liver and Spleen are extremely enlarged so they are going to start treatment ASAP. Have the bone marrow biopsy next week, and they will start treatment that same day probably. Even with the staph clearing up, I am pretty much stuck in bed, since it hurts to move basically.

On the bright side, this cancer diet is awesome.. down 30lbs in the last month. And I have had lots of time to play GW2..

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:26 am
BbB Member

As long as you can see a bright side hopefully that will keep your spirits up. :) And good luck with the treatments hope everything goes great! :)

Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:10 am
Profile YIM
Forum Admin

Laun wrote:
On the bright side, this cancer diet is awesome.. down 30lbs in the last month. And I have had lots of time to play GW2..

I don't recall seeing your name in the guild.....

Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:11 am
Profile WWW
BbB Member

I am on Fort Aspen Wood currently, every time I try to transfer the damn server is full.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:20 am
BbB Member

Well in the meantime we can still invite you.

What is your account name and .#### extension

I can also try your toon name. I haven't had issues with that before for cross server stuff. :)

I think I found ya. Laun on fort aspenwood :P unless someone on that server got your name first. :P Either way invite sent.

Also we can still do stuff together in pve anyways. on the overflows. Granted at some point hopefully you can get into our server. :)

Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:38 pm
Profile YIM
BbB Officer

Sad news and my prayers go out for you, Laun. I never know what to say in these situations other than I hope you recover and get well soon. I have a friend that got diagnosed with diabetes. He said, "F...that!" and bought a juicer. He drinks 3 vegetable juices a day. He's been on it for about 5 months now and told me his blood-work and readings are now normal. He doesn't take his diabetes medications at all anymore, but the doctor won't declare him cured...even though he is the same as a non-diabetic.

Anyway, maybe there's some truth to those alternative treatments. Gerson(sp) diet maybe the answer. Maybe western medicine is all wrong. Don't know, but hope you get well soon and feel good.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:55 pm
BbB Officer

Wow, terrible news...you're in my thoughts and prayers out here. Hoping for good news of a strong, healthy Laun again down the line. :)

"When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." - 1 Corinthians 13:11

Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:58 am
Profile ICQ YIM
BbB Member

Well I had my follow up to the bone marrow biopsy on Friday. Sadly it was not good news. We are looking at stage 4, as its in my bone marrow as well. This means a bone marrow transplant is likely in my near future. On that note, I would like to urge each and every one of you, and anyone you know, to register for the national bone marrow registry. It doesn't cost you a dime, and its pain free. You go to http://www.marrow.org fill out the registration, and they will send you a packet in the mail. All you do is swab your cheek with a qtip and send it in. That't it. DONE. You could help save a life. over 3000 people a year die while waiting for a Bone marrow match. Only 2% of Americans are registered, compared to 40% that are registered organ donors... And you dont even have to die to donate marrow...

The Doctor has me starting Monday morning. I get to be pumped full of drugs for 6 hours tomorrow, then 2 hours Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. I will be repeating this every 3-4 weeks for at least 6 months. I have been on disability for over a month now, and will be on till the end of October most likely. It just depends on how I react to the Chemo basically..

Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:36 pm

Sucks. Wishing you the best.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:39 pm
Forum Admin

While I'm in the process of registering for the donor program, is there anything we can do to check directly against you to see if we can bypass the registry and donate directly to you if one of us is a match? And what's your blood type?

Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:25 pm
Profile WWW
BbB Member

Nalthien wrote:
While I'm in the process of registering for the donor program, is there anything we can do to check directly against you to see if we can bypass the registry and donate directly to you if one of us is a match? And what's your blood type?

yes I agree ill sign up anyways but if there is a way to also go directly to you id like to know :)

Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:21 pm
Profile YIM
BbB Member

It will be a while before they type me for transplant, however if you are registered, they run me against everyone in the data base. Not really sure on any other specifics yet, we have to meet with the doctor still to discuss all of that fun stuff, but the registry is the first and easiest step. Thanks again to all of you.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:06 pm
BbB Member

well started the first round of Chemo yesterday. 6.5 hours of drugs being pumped into me. fun times... Had a slight reaction to one of the drugs, but it went away with a bit of benadryl thankfully.
Went back for another 1.5 hour today and tomorrow, then off 3 weeks. Feel ok right now, a little upset stomach, but on 3 drugs for that so hopefully they do the trick. Doc says this week wont be bad, but come Saturday/Sunday I will probably feel like I got hit by a truck. Next week my immune system will be destroyed, so no leaving the house for me basically. After that I should be ok for a week, just to turn around and start it again the next week..

And on another note, my wife has now been in the hospital twice in less than a week. First time was chest pains, and last night for very high blood pressure. Both times they deemed it stress related. Gee can't imagine where any of that stress is coming from.. The doc put her on blood pressure pills and Anti-Anxiety drugs today so hopefully they work.. Bad enough having my issues, don't need to worry about her. Got home from Chemo yesterday and in less than an hour, while the wife was out getting my drugs she called saying she was being transported to the ER as her BP was in stroke range.. Was a fun night.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:30 pm
BbB Member

That's horrible man. I hope she is ok. And ya this whole situation is nothing but stress I'm sure. :( Hopefully the meds help her :) and hope chemo goes not so sickly but meh radiation sucks.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 pm
Profile YIM
BbB Member

ack thats terrible news
I am on marrow.org signing up now

I have been reading this forum for a while now.
they have some really knowledgeable people posting about what does and doesn't work and which supplements you can take to assist in your fight.
http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/33 ... treatment/

Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]