Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
Camelot Unchained! 

Post Camelot Unchained!
http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/02/05 ... o-camelot/

Here we go ladies and gents...a "not-a-daoc" sequel that looks like it may be almost a DAOC sequel.

Although i'm pretty sure they have an empathy nerf built into bards for release.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:45 pm
BbB Member

Post Re: Camelot Unchained!
Can't wait to see what they have in store for this game. :)

Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:41 am
Profile YIM
Forum Admin

LOL.. I was just going to post on this : )

RvR Unchained: Mark Jacobs returns to Camelot
Quote:
Jacobs' City State Entertainment announced today that it's working on a new MMO under the working title of Camelot Unchained. And yes, it will be RvR-focused with three realms duking it out: Arthurian, Tuatha Dé Danann, and Viking. Camelot Unchained will tie RvR conflict into player housing and a dynamic economy as well.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:05 pm

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/view ... deoId/2942

new video from Jacobs, 55 min long.. play it in the background while you're doing something else.. lol

Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:34 pm

The only bad thing is that they have no funding for the game. They are actually going to use Kickstart to try and raise funds and then see if other investors will back the game. I almost foresee this project falling to the wayside much like Dominus did because of a lack of funding. But I do hope that they can find an investor to back the project. It would be nice to have another DAoC style game to play. Right now it's looking like TESO will be the next big RvR game.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:28 pm
Profile YIM
BbB Member

Umm I've seen plenty of projects succeed on kickstarter and raise 2-10x more then they needed due to offering a lot to people that fund so much. There was a company competing against games workshop that raise a few million and they only need 1 million because they offered people free models for certain funding. :) In fact I see this game succeeding better on a kickstart then a company like EA due to having more flexability on making the game they want. Which always ends up better then having a company like EA ramming garbage down your throat about needing to release the game or we don't think this will succeed with this kind of gameplay so do this instead or we will drop the project.

Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:17 am
Profile YIM
BbB Member

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/146 ... s?ref=live Is an example of a game that did really well. Due to a following and they only had a 25,000 backing imagine what 50-100 thousand could raise not saying that many will back but elite dangerous wasn't the biggest game in fact I never even heard of it till a friend showed me this game. But it is also a game that is going hardcore and trying to stay true to their goal for a good game just like camelot unchained is trying to do. I am tired of games selling out to make quick money versus making a quality game and am glad that this kickstarter stuff is around.

Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:29 am
Profile YIM

That kind of money is good for a small project. But won't be anywhere near enough for a project as large as CU will be. Even the largest project on Kickstarter only got 8 million. Even with financial backer to match it dollar for dollar it's not much to make an MMO these days. DAoC cost around 3 million 12 years ago. Guild Wars 2 cost around 50 million in production cost so I would assume maybe somewhere around half of that cost for CU.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:39 pm
Profile YIM

Some interesting stuff to read about the design of the game on the CU website. Here is something that I found rather intriguing.

Realm Abilities

As to the post, formerly titled as TTQ: No realm ranks, abilities? What? (Now known simply as TTQ: Will there be Realm Ranks in the game?)

1) RR/RAs are the terminology that Dark Age of Camelot uses and we do not want to use the same names for both ethical and legal reasons.

2) RR/RAs were built upon the premise that we needed another system to sit atop the main leveling system. The idea was to allow players to level up their character’s abilities for RvR since that game, unlike CU, has a heavy PvE component. CU will not have a PvE-based leveling system of course.

3) Since there is no PvE leveling in the game, we geared our leveling system(s) around participation in RvR and RvR-related activities, as the player must be able to advance/progress based on what they and their realm-mates do in RvR and not PvE. The game will absolutely reward you but not just with abilities and/or spells. Please keep in mind that since this is our main way to allow people to advance their character(s), we not only have the obligation to do it right but we also have the freedom to do it without worrying about a PvE-based system. Thus, we can give players the more commonplace rewards but we can also give players other rewards as well.

4) As to RvR-based titles, heck yeah. I want to be quite expansive with the titles in this game. This is supposed to be a fun game (yeah, thanks Captain Obvious!) so we should also have fun titles as well as ones that are more serious. Yes, you will also know the name/title of the enemy players as well out on the field of battle.

5) Each main pillar of the game, RvR/Crafting/Housing will have separate leveling tracks. Each leveling track will contain appropriate rewards for the track. As a crafter, you will not get rewards (spells/abilities/etc.) from the crafting track that will be useful in RvR just as you will not get RvR rewards that would benefit your crafting skills. If you want to earn rewards to help you in RvR, you will have to play and fight in RvR. Crafters will, of course, be able to make items to help in RvR but as they do so, they won’t gain RvR abilities to help them in the battle. RvR combat awards will only be rewarded to people who participate in RvR combat.

6) As an RvR-focused game, I expect we will have more abilities/spells/etc. for players of CU than Dark Age had for RAs since RAs were a complimentary system and in CU, RvR and the related activities are the main leveling tracks. These will be added slowly over time so as not to mess things up at launch but they will be numerous and spread out horizontally through other systems as well.

Therefore, yes, we will have systems in place to dazzle, entice and reward our players who participate in RvR, crafting and housing. :)

Not sure how I feel about the no PvE leveling. Makes me wonder what there will be to do besides RvR and craft. I mean I love to RvR but there needs to be something else to do besides just that. There are some other good reads on the page as well. Like the fact that the gear we use will be crafted and not dropped.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:34 am
Profile YIM
BbB Member

For me I like where he is going with it. :) can't wait to see how it will turn out. :) I'm not much for pve minus the social aspect but I am a pvper true and through. :) I love going up against real players even if it means getting your ass handed a few times and perfecting your skills. I still play starcraftII from time to time even though I get raped I enjoy the challenge in the end. I am also a big underdog fan I like the odds to be against me not horrible odds but not odds in my favor. Or at least even odds plus with 3 sided warfare that can even out things. :)

Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:11 pm
Profile YIM
BbB Member

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/138 ... -unchained Kickstarter is up and doing great so far first day already over 1/4th of the funds raised. :) The goal is 2 million from kickstarter mark jacobs promises 2 million if we get the project backed and has already raised another million so that is 5million at least to make the game unless it over funds and then meets stretch goals which means more stuff/content for launch. :)

Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:18 pm
Profile YIM

As a followup, Unchained has reached and exceeded it's goal at Kickstarter. Now the wait begins, but at least it's passed the first step. I'm ready to play the Blademaster part 2! :)

Wed May 01, 2013 8:24 pm
Forum Admin

Sinjynn wrote:
As a followup, Unchained has reached and exceeded it's goal at Kickstarter. Now the wait begins, but at least it's passed the first step. I'm ready to play the Blademaster part 2! :)

WOW thanks for the update Sin.

When I looked a few days ago the Goal was falling short.

Either I read something wrong OR they had a BIG push in the last few days.

Thu May 02, 2013 6:15 pm
BbB Member

Vyrzain wrote:
Sinjynn wrote:

WOW thanks for the update Sin.

When I looked a few days ago the Goal was falling short.

Either I read something wrong OR they had a BIG push in the last few days.

No you read right. Kickstarters in general tend to have a big push of funds near the end. Its just what happens for whatever reason people wait till the end to really start funding the middle is always dry for a lot of kickstarters. Also mark has confirmed a music class for all 3 realms vyr!! :P I don't think you will have an empathy problem though so. However we could put in a word for him to have just your toon have an empathy problem. :P

Thu May 02, 2013 6:19 pm
Profile YIM
Forum Admin

:cheesy:

Fri May 03, 2013 7:11 pm

I think Vyr needs to change his sig after all these years.

"Camelot Unchained-After all these years, empathy FIXED"

Sat May 04, 2013 7:02 am
BbB Member

its in alpha with over 3m raised....catch up people it's the real deal !!!

Guys and gals. Mark Jacobs is developing this new mmorpg. If you don't know who he is let me give you a little hint. "THE FOUNDER IF MYTHIC ENTERTAINMENT AND DARK AGE OF CANELOT". Basicly in a nutshell it is DAOC 2 all about RVR. I can attest ( since I am in alpha) this game will be one of the top three mmorpgs when it is released. When it goes to beta I can send out a few beta invites to people who are truly interested in reuniting and playing a great game again. Please read up on it. You can find their YouTube channe ( city state entertainment) or go to www camelotunchained.com. You can email me directly lighttemp@gmail.com I hope to here from you guys and girls soon.

Kill them all, Let God sort them out.

Camelot Monkey Character Report:
http://camelotmonkey.com/s.php?u=lighttemp

Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:41 pm
Profile ICQ
Forum Admin

It was 2013 when we started to talk about this... 2015 and we are in Alpha per Lighttemp :)

PLEASE do keep us updated when this goes Beta.

I / we have about one year left in DDO with my small gaming group so we maybe looking for something new. That is unless they add some major content as we are almost out of classes to play / try.... hehe... Starting our next / newest campaign sometime in April.

And our Never Winter MMO game is not doing it for me. Never Winter just seems to easy as it fell into the WoW curse. I can leave that game anytime and maybe able to bring that other gaming group with me also to something new.

I just hope Camelot Unchained is a challenge and does not follow the WoW model. Few new games require grouping and that is what made DAoC great to me as that is how I meet you :)

Classes need to be different, with different strengths and weakness, plus one should not be able to solo everything.

Vyr

Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:28 am
BbB Member

Hey vyr,
Glad to see your still around. I will definitely let you know when it goes to beta. Catch up on the youtube videos for it. It will give you a good gasp on how the mechanics of the game will work. But ill try and explain a few things in summary with out disclosing Alpha NDA.

Most importantly there is no PVE. No Killing monsters to lvl and gear up. This game is centered around Realm vs Realm. So everyone starts off with armor and weapons for their class. So how do you level. It is based on a horizontal progression system with a soft cap. For example: In a most basic aspect, you are a Warrior who uses a sword which requires strength. How you increase your strength to do more damage is use your sword fighting. There will be no base stats on armor. Armor will have stats like resistances to weapon types, elemental damage, reduce armor decay etc. Your weapons, spell books, staves, etc...will have stats normally associated with those items. like +to fire dmg, reduction in spell interrupt, etc.. The important thing to remember that armor and gear makes sense and acts in the way it should. Anyone can use any type of armor. So you can essentially have a mage that can have chain armor. But wearing it will inhibit or make you weak in other areas.

I could write on and on and on about everything I can about this but watching the videos will get you caught up to speed.

Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:12 am
Profile ICQ
Forum Admin

I went to http://www.camelotunchained.com but that did not show me anything that would draw me in.
In fact one video I saw was just people fighting over one arena type area and the Mids / Vikings zerged.. hehe.

I will look into the youtube vids for something more.

Also I checked out your sig... http://camelotmonkey.com/s.php?u=lighttemp ....You are no longer listed or I could not find you. I did see a cool Ergonomic Gaming chair and stuff on Vitamin supplements : )

Thanks for keeping up on this.... Vyr

Note... from below I do fear a Gear Score type system that I do not like in Never Winter for this. We will see.

Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:56 am
Forum Admin

UPDATE...

I went to... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCwE_0ZMydk

Out of the videos I looked at I did not see any that shows me the UI. I dislike the Never Winter / Diablo UI that only gives you one bar and only "x" number of buttons to use. It seems that newer games are not making MMO Games for the Computer but for say an X-box controller.. sigh : (

I did like the concept of setting traps for when you lose an area and the seeing eye things talked about here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5TGkPFwIU4

A Real Player controlling an NPC or RvR boss could be cool. The chance to play say a Dragon and kill Albs.. hehe.

Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:28 am
BbB Member

http://camelotunchained.com/v2/category/news/ ~ updates every two weeks

Thu May 28, 2015 10:24 pm
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]